Charlie

AN: Introducing my OC Charlie 😊😊😊 I hope you like him as much as I do.

I think I have a crush on Regulus. I haven't had a crush on anyone except for celebrities and such. But I really like spending time with him. I still remember the first time he came into Mamma Bea's shop. Mamma Bea said he was too grumpy to hire him. I convinced her otherwise.
"Give him a chance Mamma Bea" I said
"I'm pretty sure he would do brilliant"
And she did. Just for me.

You see, I'm adopted. I grew up in an orphanage. I reckon my parents didn't like me. So they named me Charlie at the orphanage. And when I was ten Beatrice Puddifoot adopted me. A lonely white woman that wanted a child more than anything in this world. I love her like my mom. She owns the shop and I help her with everything. And then she hired Regulus. 

I watch him as he cleans the tables. Pretty grumpy as always. He is too adorable. Okay, Charlie. Act normal. 

"I can see you like that kid" Mamma Bea says smirking. 

"Yeaah I do" I say smiling "But he doesn't like me very much" 

Mamma Bea laughs "It's not against you, Charlie" she says "I reckon that kid has been through so much" 

I smile "I hope so Mamma Bea, I hope so" 

 "Oi! Regulus?" Mamma Bea says 

Regulus looks at her "Yes ma'am?" he is so adorable.

"Can you go with Chaile to pick up some teacups I bough?" Mamma Bea says. Oh God!

"Am..." he says "I.. I'm kind of busy cleaning" 

"Great" Mamma Bea I interrups "Take the car, both of you. Is too dangerous to walk" She gives me the keys. Regulus looks pale "I'll take care of the shop" 

"Yes Mamma Bea" I say smiling. 

 I look at Regulus and I give him a thumps up smiling. He rolls his eyes.

I'm at the car with  Regulus. I'm very happy to be with him. He looks pissed. 

I whisle The Jetsons Theme song while I drive. 

"Can you be silent please?" Regulus says 

"You don't like The Jetsons?" I ask surprised.

"The what?" he asks. I guess he'd never seen the Jetsons. 

"Never mind" I say smiling "You know? The Jetsons are pretty cool. I used to watch the show with Mamma Bea" I laugh "There was an episode in which..."

"You talk too much" Regulus interrups.

"You're annoying Charles" he says. Sometimes he talks like an aristocrat. I smile.

"I reckon you don't like me, much?" I say. He doesn't answer. I sigh.

"Don't worry Regulus" I say smiling "You will. I reckon we will be good friends" 

He looks puzzled. I turn up the radio. 'Blue Velvet' by Bobby Vinton plays. I think it is destiny. This song is for us. I start swinging to the music and smiling. 

Regulus looks at me. 

"What is wrong with you?" I know he wants to smile.

"I think this could be our song" I say "What do you think?" He doesn't answer but I can't see he is blushing. 

"Have you ever been in love?" I ask. 

"No" I can't tell he is lying 

"I haven't. I wonder how is like, do you? All the butterflies inside you? And all the stuff? Mamma Bea has. She told me once that she met this bloke, he was engaged to some bird and their love couldn't be. So sad. Such a tragic love story" 

"God!" Regulus protests 

"Am I talking to much?" I say "Sorry I tend to do that. But what else are we going to do while we drive?" 

"Anything else?" he says "I'm not a talker. I prefer silence" 

I smile "Lovely. Then I'll do all the talking and you would listen. Perfect" is like we are meant to be.

"Arrrg" Regulus covers his face with his sweater. How adorable is he? 

We pick the teacups without a problem. I keep telling Regulus everything and he just listens annoyed. 

"Mamma Bea is thinking of launching a new tea flavor" I continue. "Do you think people would like it?" 

"What flavor is it?"

"Marihuana" 

He looks at me surprised. And I brust into laughter. 

"Oh ha, ha your face! I was joking Regulus" 

"Bloody hell" he says rolling his eyes. 

I notice Regulus left his jacket at the tea shop and I use that excuse to see him again. I go to his place. And my jaw drops. He is rich. I knock the door. And a bloke with messy hair and glasses answers. 

"Hi!" I say smiling "James right?" 

"Yeah... Am..."

"Charlie" I shake his hand "I work with Regulus at the tea shop"

"Oh, yeah" he says smiling

"I came here to give this to him" I show him the jacket 

"He is taking a shower I think. Do want to wait for him?" 

"Sure!" We step in. 

He looks at me smirking "Is there something between you or what?" 

"What?" I blush "No. I wish though. I really like him"

He smiles "So you like blokes?" 

"I like people" I say. I don't really care what they are.

"Hey, I'm like a big brother for Regulus. So I'll have to hurt you if you hurt him, okay?" 

I nod smiling "I would never do that" 

"Okay" he says "I have to go. I have a date with my girlfriend. But you can stay here if you want" 

"Alright" I shake his hand again, excited. 

He smiles and leaves. 

I sit down waiting for Regulus. And suddenly I hear some voices from another room.

"Oh Flea" a woman was saying "We have to tell James. And not only him. We have two other children as well".

"Euphi I rather they don't know" a man answered "I would like to spend as much time with them. Happy. Not them feeling pity for me"

"Don't you think they would like to know?" the woman says. She sounded like she was about to cry "You're bloody dying for God's sake" 

The woman cries

"Oh Euphi" the man says "Don't cry for me. Give me your big bright smile at least the time I have left"

Oh shit. The bloke is dying. Is he Regulus' father? I feel like an intruder. So I stand up and leave quietly.