Severus

Arrrggg! I can concentrate. I study in the afternoons now. I dropped school. My father said it was a waste of time, since my future is already wasted. Mother didn't say anything about it. She is afraid of him. I'm not. One of these days, I'm going to kill that asshole. 

Anyway. I study on my own. I don't want to ruin my future. My plan is to get away from here, as far as possible. And drag Lily with me. Or at least that was my plan.

Right now I can hear my father's screams all over the house. I can bloody concentrate like that. I close my book and I feed my turtle Ferguson. I need to go out. Perhaps I can bump into Lily and talk to her. 

I go downstairs. My father is watching a football game while my mother is cooking something for him. It is always the same. I walk slowly so he won't see me.

"Oi! Kid!" Shit. "Where are you going?" 

"Out" I say

"Bring me a beer before you go" 

I clinch my fist. Who is he to order me? But I get a glimpse of my mother shaking her head. She looks afraid. Afraid I might do something to him.

I sigh and pass him the beer. But he grabs my arm really tight. It hurts. 

"Listen to me wanker" he whispers so that mother won't hear him "If you get in trouble one more time. I will kill you"

Not if I kill you first. I hate him. 

I get out of the house really pissed. I walk towards Lily's which is two houses away. We live at the same neighborhood. Even though her house looks clean and decent, while mine is horrible.

I don't knock or get in. I know she doesn't want to see me. I've been waiting for her to come and look for me. I want her to realize that Potter is a wanker and she is better off with me. I want her to realize that on her own. 

Instead I hide behind a parked car near by. Waiting. 

And few minutes later she comes out. With her nephew. 

She starts walking with him and I just follow her. Without being seen. I just love watching her. Watching her do anything. I can't see how she grabs her nephew's hand, how they jump together, how they play together. That boy loves her. I don't blame him.

I follow them back home and I see us Lily enters the house grabbing her arms. She must be cold. She is practically always cold. After she goes in I stay there hidden. I feel stupid because I don't know what else to say to her. I have told her I freaking love her and it wasn't enough. 

"What are you doing here?" 

I look to see Petunia, Lily's sister staring at me with anger. She has always hated me. And honestly, I don't like her very much. She is not Lily. 

"Nothing" I say

"Would you leave her alone?" 

I don't answer

"For God's sake. Stop it" she continues "You call her every bloody day, you follow her around, you stand outside the house like a fucking creep. What do you want?" 

I want her to love me. To need me the way I need her.

"Just to talk to her"

"She doesn't want to speak to you" she continues "Don't you understand?" 

"That's is not up to you" I say kind of angry "I will leave Lily alone when she tells me to leave her alone" 

She shakes her head "If I see you here one more time, I'll call the police" she goes inside. Fucking prick. It's up to Lily. Not her. I'm starting to think the only good person in this world is Lily. Only her. No one else. 

"Oi! Snape!"

Shit! I hear Dolohov's voice. Antonin Dolohov is my provider. He is 40 years old. No wife, no children, just his boys. Two muscular pupils that follow him like puppies. That bloody asshole is well known to sell and distribute drugs around the neighbourhood. 

"Hello Tony" I say. Shit. I know what this is all about. I owe him money. 

"So boy? Where is my money?" Fuck. He doesn't even say hello? He must be pissed. 

"I'll have it by the end of this week. I promise" I don't want to do this in front of Lily's house, shit. 

Dolohov laughs and the others do it as well. I don't find this funny at all. 

He takes out a cig and puts it between his lips. 

"Larry" he extends his hands "Give it me"

Larry takes out a gun and put it in his hand. 

I look around for support but the street is desserted.

"What the bloody hell is this?" Tony asks 

"It is a gun, boss" Larry answers.

Dolohov hits his head "I know this is a bloody gun. Wanker! I was asking for my lighter"

"Sorry boss" Larry hides the gun away. "I thought you were going to kill the kid" 

"So I will, if he doesn't give me my money" he smiles at me evily. I swallow.

"I thought you really liked this kid, boss"

"For God's sake Johnny. I'm trying to scare the kid. Fucking asshole" Dolohov rolls his eyes.

Then he looks at me. This time he lights his cigarette. 

"Oi Snapy, we saw that ginger girl, didn't we lads?" 

I go very pale.

"She is pretty" Larry says

"I can't see you like her Snapy" Tony says "Is she your girlfriend?"

I don't answer. 

"Do you snog her a lot, hey?" Johnny asks

"C'mon Johnny, I bet he gets more laid that you do"

"Oi!"

"SHUT UP!" Dolohov yells impatient.

"Please don't hurt her Tony" I plead.

"Nobody is going to hurt her boy" he says putting his arm around me "All you have to do is give ma money, yeah? You have 24 hours lad" he rubs my hair.

Shit! That is little time. What am I going to do? 

"Let's go lads" says Tony.

"Bye little man" 

"Bye little lad, good luck with your lady..."

"LADS" Dolohov is impacient.

"Sorry Tony" 

And they leave. 

Shit! I go back home. I need to think of some plan to gather some money. But how? I pace around my room, thinking. I know that Tony seems like a bloody wanker but he is smart. I've known he has killed people before. I'm scared. I don't care about anyone not even me. But I do care about Lily.

I see Ferguson moving slowly on his box. And I get an idea. Potter. I can take the money from him. Maybe threathen him or steal money. I can't tell him it is my fault Lily is in danger. He would kill me. I have to get the money in another way. 

I sneak into my father's room. I take it. His gun. And I put it in my pocket.