Lily

I've been snogging James for a while now. Honestly his lips are addictive. We are in an empty classroom at Hogwarts. I take a break to speak.

"James, we have class" 

"Mmm" he protests and he keeps kissing me.

"Can we skipt it?" he asks smirking 

"No. I've never done that" I say embarrassed 

He shakes his head smiling "Such a nerd"

I hit his arm. "Wanker" We kiss more. 

We touch foreheads breathing hard "Seriously James we have to go" 

"I can't" he says 

"Yes, you can be responsible for once" I say smiling

"No" he says "I literally can't" he looks down and I follow his gaze. Oh. I can see a bult on his pants.

I start laughing. And he blushes. 

"Oh James" I laugh "We have bloody class in ten minutes" 

"Just say something else to distract me" 

"Okay" I think what to say "Severus send me a letter the other day"

He looks angry "That worked" 

"I didn't respond though" I say "But I think he is in trouble"

"Bloody hell" he says 

"I feel bad for him" I say rubbing his hair to lower the impact. He is not gonna like it. 

"Lily..." 

"I know what you're gonna say. I'm angry at him too. He is a bloody wanker" I sigh "But I feel bad for him"

James doesn't say anything.

"His father is an asshole" I continue carefully "And he has a lot of debts" 

"Lily. I'm sorry but I don't want to hear it"

"But.." 

"Is not your obligation to help him. I'm sorry for him, but you don't have to" 

"You helped Sirius..."

"Is not the same thing" 

"It is" I say "Sirius is your best friend. Severus is mine"

"Sirius is not a bloody wanker"

"James..."

He steps away from me. "We have class, don't we?" 

I nod rather sad. He kisses my cheek and holds my hand. And like that, we go to class.

Later that day, professor Umbridge paired me up with Peter for an English essay.  So I sit with him.

"Hey" I say smiling

"Hey" 

"Should we read the book first and then share ideas?" I ask

"Sure" I can tell that he looks rather sad. 

"Are you okay Pete?" James told me, he was doing well on therapy. But I've seen him rather sad these days. Poor Peter. I really like him.

"Yeah, fine" he says "You?"

"Good" I smile

Emmeline comes towards us. 

"Lily" she says quite embarrassed "Can we change partners?" 

"Am..." I see that she is paired up with Reginald Cattermole 

"We are fine" says Peter angrily 

Emmeline looks down sadly and she leaves.

"Is everything okay, Pete?" I ask. I know they broke up but I don't know why. 

"Yeah, everything is fantastic" he lies.

I don't say anything else. We just work on the essay.

I go back home on my bike. And I see Severus sitting on my house extrance. Shit. What is he doing here? When he sees me, he stands up awkwardly. I can see that he has bags under his eyes. He looks pale and he has a bruise on his lip. 

"Lily" he says 

"What are you doing here Sev?" 

"Maybe we should talk" 

I sigh.

"I can't right now" I say trying to get to the door. But he stops me. I'm angry with him. Not only for what  he called James' friends. Who are my friends as well. I really like Remus. Besides I don't know how to talk to Sev anymore. It feels awkward since he confessed his love for me. 

"Lily, I'm sorry" he is about to cry "You are everything I have. I just got angry that you chose him" 

"I didn't choose him" I say "It just sort of happened" 

"Can we just be friends, like always?" It brakes my heart. I do want to be his friend. 

"Of course, but you have to understand that I'm with James. And I have friends at Hogwarts. You have to accept them" 

He shakes his head "I don't understand how you can be friends with them"

"You don't know them" I protest

"And you do?" he asks "Are you sure they are good people? Do you know them better than you know me?" 

I don't. But I'm sure they are good, right?

"You only look for me when you are in trouble. Or you need money" I change the subject.

"Bloody hell, Lily" he says "That's not true" 

I don't say anything. I don't know what else to say. I hug myself. I'm starting to get chilly.

"You were my friend first" he continues "And you are on their side"

"I'm not on anyone's side" 

"Potter" he shakes his head angrily "He is the kind of bloke that would get tired of you. He would get rid of you in no time"

"That's not true!" I protest

"Is it? How do you know?" he says "Lily, I can make you happier" 

I start crying. I can't believe Sev is capable of saying those words. But it might be true. I'm not that pretty. There are prettier girls. I don't know why James wants me. 

"I love him" I simply say. And it's true. 

"Fuck, Lily" he grabs his head in frustration. 

I don't say anything. I just keep crying. 

"I don't think I can be your friend and watch you be with someone like that" he says "It would kill me"

"What do you mean?" I manage to say

He looks into my eyes. 

"It means that you have to choose, Lily" he says "Is eather him or me" 

I don't speak.

"And I hope you remember everything I had done for you" he kisses my forehead. And then he leaves. 

I sit outside crying until I see Tuney arrive. She is with Vernon and Dudley. Her and Vernon see each other mostly every day. I think they are together again. 

I wipe my tears.

"Leeeeelyyyy" Dudley runs to me and he hugs me. 

"Lily?" my sister says "What are you doing outside?" 

I start crying again. Tuney sits next to me and she hugs me. Dudley hugs me as well. Vernon looks at us simpatheticly.

"Ther' ther' Leeeeelyyyy" Dudley patts my back. 

It is embarrassing but can't stop crying. 

All I can think about is that I love James. And I love Sev. In a different ways of course. But I love them both.