Alice

I wake up rather late. I'm so bloody tired. I see that Frank is not in bed. I stand up putting on a sweater and I go to the kitchen. 

Frank is cooking breakfast, flipping around some pancakes. I smile at the sight. He is perfect. I couldn't ask for more.

"Good morning" I say smiling

"Oi! I was gonna get you breakfast to bed" 

How adorable is my husband? Oh my God. 

"How so? You need anything?" I joke.

"No" he smiles "It's Valentine's" 

I raise my eyebrows. "Really? I guess I lost track of time"

I hug my husband's waist. "Mmm come back to bed with me" 

He laughs "You don't want breakfast?" 

"I want you" 

He grabs my face and kisses me "I want you too" he says "But I'm starving. So after breakfast" 

"Are you rejecting sex for some pancakes?" I smile playfully.

He looks between me and the plate of pancakes.

"Okay we can have a quick one" he grabs my waist and lifts me up.

"Oh!" I yell laughing "Frank!"

After breakfast I go over the mail. And to my surprise I see a letter from my father. Shit. I haven't heard from him since before my wedding. What does he want? I look at Frank carefully and I see he is watching some cartoons on the telly. I open up the letter. 

'Dear Alice:

We missed you honey bear. We know we said some things we didn't mean to. We're sorry. We are having a Valentine's day party with our closest friends. They would like to see you. We would like to see you. You can bring Frank and we can talk it through.

Love,

Mom and Dad'

Bloody hell. They want to make things right? I haven't told this to Frank but I miss my parents. I often cry at night. Even though I'm happy, really happy, I miss them so much. 

Frank laughs at the program he is watching. Holy shit. How am I going to tell him I want to go to this party? He wouldn't like it much.

"Baby?" 

He hummes in response concentrating on the show. 

"My parents are organizing a Valentine's party" I say carefully.

Frank looks at me. 

"They want us to come" 

Frank expression is undescribable. He thinks what to say, and he turns off the telly. 

"Do you want to go?" 

"Yes" 

He looks down.

"It would be good to see mom and dad again" 

He just nods. I can tell he doesn't like the idea. 

"Okay" he says finally "If that's what you want" 

I smile "Really?" 

He nods again. I love him so so much. He always puts me first. He would do anything for me. Mom and dad have to realize that. I hug him. "You're the best husband ever" and he laughs.

We arrive to my parents house. I see Frank is really nervous. I grab his hand to confort him.

"Everything will be alright" I say "I promise"