Chapter 59: Angels?

Start from the beginning

"No, it was precisely because of that why you're important to me after all" Jouzu replied plainly.

"I-Is that so?"

"Yes. It's just I sometimes wonder why you don't talk as much as often even when you're not in front of strangers. How do I say it... it kind of worries me that you don't see us as someone important enough."

"..." Shard turned her head for a moment to Jouzu and immediately looked back at the sky, "Everyone is important to me and I really do like when were all together... but sometimes I feel like I don't really belong."

"..."

"I mean, aside from everyone being incredibly beautiful and attractive, Sigrun is smart and strong, Mischa is kind of playful yet very mature and caring, Irish-chan is energetic and draws everyone's attention around her, and Kiara-san seems to be honest and straightforward. Compared to me, I don't have anything to be proud of or anything that stands out except being shy and silent..."

"..."

From her own point of view, she sees herself as a plain and common girl with nothing in particular to be noticed. Simply an ordinary person in a bunch of special people. Even back then, her identity isn't much different. Shy, silent, always looking down, and not being able to open up herself for others. Everyone called her plain and helpless and although it hurt her more than she expected to, she couldn't blame them because they were right.

Witnessing that sad expression of hers, Jouzu faced Shard as he gave a light tap on her shoulder, "Shard, you maybe feeling inferior to others but I don't see that thing at all. You're beautiful, cares for everyone, attentive, unyielding and most importanly a unique kind of person. Even if all the people surrounding you are special doesn't it also make you special since you're the odd one out?"

"Jouzu..."

"Even if the others doesn't see you as someone not worthy to take note of, then its my job to find what's worthy to take note of you" Jouzu So that's why, whenever you're feeling like that again feel free to be open with us because your burdens are also ours" he said softly with a gentle smile, "that's why, don't be hesitant to be like earlier. Talk more, smile more, and laugh more. Because I think that it suits you more..." he told with slightly reddened cheeks as he scratched it with a finger.

Seeing this Shard let out a cute chuckle and faced him with a smile, "Thank you Jouzu. I'll try my best."

"Well" he said as he stood up, offering a hand to Shard, "shall we go back inside?"

Shard's expression brightened and her already beautiful face looked even more lovely as she flashed a rare, bright, and beautiful smile of hers, "Yes!"

"Hah!" Zerti shouted as he swung his sword towards his sparring partner for today.

Since yesterday he and Terrence have been undergoing training from Jouzu. Be it swordsmanship, skills, techniques, advises, and experience, they all received it at the topmost level.

"Tsk tsk! that wouldn't do, hit me stronger!" Nimbus instructed as he blocked Zerti's strike with his shield.

Zerti tried once again, this time with a lot more force included in his swing. Confident that it was enough to atleast make the hulking man stagger, he aimed directly at the shield that would block his attack.

However as if Nimbus foresaw it he stood still and grinned confidently as if accepting Zerti's resolve, "Heh? that's smart of you, but i'm telling you now that it wouldn't be enough to make me move!"

Shortly after, a loud clang was heard along with the explosion of dust around the two fighters.

Meanwhile on the same place, Jouzu and Terrence were engaged in a heated fight.