Chapter 4: Expedition

The news about the five players who acquired skills spread quickly. Everybody created their own skills, some did the basics first and some were far too excited and created the most overpowered skill possible but were dejected once the system did not allow them to do so.

It boosted the Adventurers' spirits and quests were done in a much faster rate, giving them the gold needed for everyday expenses. Of course, more gold means Adventurers' needs and wants can now be bought much easier, giving a significant rse to the markets and the merchants who sell these things.

It was revolutionary, the simple acquisition of skills made the economy grow and the requests for more tasks and quests also skyrocketed. Though it was simple, it did help change a lot.

Meanwhile, Jouzu and his party were gearing up for an expedition set by the guild master, Eric Dratharion. This particular expedition would aim for the north, which geography is still unknown. The logic was simple, the world is basically a game, there's map, HP bar, MP Bar, Exp bar, Stats etc... All of these worked in order to give the player the information he needed to follow a specific storyline or questline but that changed when it became their reality. The World Map went black and only the accessed areas by the players are available.

Guild Hall, Hedia Adventurer's Guild HQ

People were gathered and look up only to one man, a man who stood up in front of them and spoke about what would be the next coming of events they'd need to take in order to progress.

"Rejoice fellow Adventurers." Eric announced, "today, we are gathered here to finally take action. This day would be the official launch of the guild's expedition quest, which would primarily aim to explore the northern lands." The crowd mumbled and whispered about the announcement, they were doubtful about the suddent event. Eric, as if reading the crowd's expression seem to know this so he continued his speech, "Do not fear, we would not force anyone to join" he paused, "I would give out the details so that everyone could think whether or not to volunteer."

He then proceeded to tell the details, making sure that he doesn't miss anything important. The expedition would require 12 Parties, not needing if it was a high level as long as they are strong-willed and willing, he also said that they'd need skilled Adventurer's for they might be danger waiting up ahead and that they wanted to reduce the casualties to the lowest.

"That's all for now, for those who want to sign up, please proceed to the temporary counter in my room to register."

We must go, it'll be boring if we always stay here.

"Jouzu, are we going?" Mischa asked.

"Of course, we should go and sign up for it. We might level up in the way as well."

"Nah," Nimbus interjected, "we won't even level up, we need tons of Exp before we reach level 9."

"Don't mind him, we'll leave him be."

And so they left Nimbus.

"W-wait! i'm just joking y'know!"

They went to Eric's room to register themselves as part of the first expeditionarists but once they were in, they didn't expected the numbers that would like to volunteer.

"Alright! three more parties to go, any more than that would not be accepted as part of the Expeditionary Force!"

Hearing this, they hurried up to get in line and we're lucky enough to include themselves in the paper. Eric then would later hold a small briefing of the expedition. They theorized that the northern lands ahead of Hedia were rich in quality building and crafting materials, which would be a perfect place for them to establish a territory.