Chapter 46: The Industrial District Pt. II

Five minutes after coming out of Gruknu's store, Jouzu and Nimbus found themselves in front of their destination, Bergryn's main shop. The stonehouse was quite big and could easily be mistook as a noble's home but in actuality, it was the main workshop of Bergryn's metalworks. As they entered they immediately felt a mild heat in the atmosphere inside, it is only Jouzu's guess but it was probably because of the furnaces elsewhere inside the stonehouse that they were using to heat and melt the metals.

"Aye aye, we got visitors." Yelled one man belonging to the dwarf race as he saw Jouzu and Nimbus came in.

"Mus' be customers lookin' for Sire Berg'n. Oi Tardis call Sire right away." Another dwarf called and gave orders to a young man he called Tardis whom hurriedly and frantically went downstairs.

In just a little while, Tardis came back from the stairs with an unusually large and tall figure. His body alone was bigger than Nimbus and his muscles were evidently larger than him. His eyes had the gaze of a fierce warrior but with the calmness of a still water.

"Sire Berg'n, these young'ns seem to be lookin' for ya."

"I can see that Fred" Bergryn answered seemingly sarcastic in his tone, "Well, he said you're looking for me, is there anything I can do for you?"

"Forgive our sudden intrusion in the middle of your work. I am Jouzu Bladeburn and this is my companion, Nimbus. We've come from Hedia and we are here to give you this letter from Hjern-san."

"A letter from sensei? Then that means you somewhat gained his approval hm?"

"I am not sure about the approval you're talking about but, I think he just asked me to bring this letter of his to you since I told him that we're going here or even further."

"Sensei doesn't just asks a favor to somebody that he does not approve of. There must be something that you've done to earn it. It piques my curiosity how a young man like yourself could earn his approval, I wouldn't mind how long the story is, I want you to tell me how you got it."

And so, Jouzu told Bergryn how he met Hjern. About how he asked him about the Evil Fragments and to make gears made from the drops of the Scoropede.

"T-The Scoropede you say!? Isn't that a powerful monster that even earned the nickname 'The Noxious Stinger'?" Bergryn yelled in surprise.

As soon as everyone heard the Scoropede, both eyes and ears of everyone present locked onto Jouzu and Nimbus.

One dwarf laughed loudly as if he heard a funny joke, "The Scoropede? No way in hell some young'ns like you could kill it. It took several heroes to take it down thousands of years ago."

"Indeed, it was long ago but those who have saw how powerful the monster is were said to have nightmares until the day they stopped breathing." another dwarf chimed in.

"Oi, oi Jouzu. They're thinking of your words as a joke." Nimbus whispered to him.

"Its alright, to see is to believe after all" he replied with a faint but assuring smile, "I'm not trying to be bold and arrogant but if I showed you proof of the monster's death, would it suffice?"

Everyone stopped laughing and smiling at the moment Jouzu let out his words. Their expressions changed quickly in no time at all and were all being serious. He and Nimbus couldn't blame them being like that, it was all serious talk the moment they mentioned a strong monster that's known throughout the land and not to mention that the majority of them were dwarves, a race who were even said to rival gods in regards of crafts and worksmanship.

With a short moment of silence, Jouzu pulled the drops they obtained from the Scoropede and made everyone who were present during that time open their mouths. They couldn't believe it, no it wasn't that, something like that is impossible to happen. Yes, they were great in terms of weapons and stuff but it was the heroes who slain that heck of a monster millenias ago, they had great warriors just like any other races but even them wasn't enough before the terrifying aura and strength of the SS+ Rank monster.