Chapter 45: The Industrial District Pt. I

It was the second day since Sigrun's plan to collect and gather information regarding the Apprentice of Greed's cult. The first day seemed to be a normal one for them, doing experiments and stuff to further fill in their knowledge on what's happening to the world and their situation as Adventurers. Of course, this was only in their point of view, the sudden words of Haff to Varix hasn't reached their ears yet because they were quite busy investigating other things than that cult.

The night before, they started to jot down every important details they have learned on that day. Everything about magic, the monsters, how the "reality" and the "game" are slowly fusing with each other and many, many more things that they had addressed. They believed that gathering information rather than fighting and doing meaningless things were valuable after all and they had to thank Sigrun for that. Jouzu originally proposed the idea of gathering information but they went off the course after several skirmishes against high ranking monsters thus, delaying more of their tasks. But Sigrun stuck into it and kept gathering all kinds of information, Jouzu was also able to do it with his incredible observation and perceptiveness which he had shown the other day, he was able to determine what kind of materials are used on the handheld weapons of the Vrojen's elf guards and officials were using after all.

For this day, Jouzu and Nimbus were separated from the group, but it would be more accurate to say that Jouzu insisted that they all separate from each other for the day. He told them that with that kind of approach, they can observe more of their surroundings and thus giving a way to collect more data and information from different places. He believed that it would be more effective to do things this way than being together with everyone discussing and sharing opinions which only led to more questions and on-the-spot theories. He said that if they were separated, it would be more efficient since they'd collect different kinds of knowledge and information which would be useful for them when they try to prove anything in the near future.

Walking on the stone-paved streets, Jouzu and Nimbus observed and engaged in normal conversations with the citizens, as well as helping them in tasks they couldn't afford to do. The two also iniated in casual conversations with each other like normal friends would do, it has been a long time since they've been on their own after all. Jouzu imagined the girls as they walked and chatted and he was sure that they'd also more or less chat the way he and Nimbus did as they went around. He also thought of what would they talk about but as a boy, he just didn't have a single clue, all he knows is that its simply called "girl's talk" which men wouldn't understand even if they tried to.

"I wonder what're they talking about right now?" Nimbus murmured as he stared into the sky while his hands were on the back of his head, "Ah, forget it. Girl's are difficult to understand after all."

"Seems like we're having similar thoughts just right now."

"Really? So you also wonder about those things huh? I see, I see."

"We don't have a single clue about it after all, doesn't it make it more curious? I mean its comparable to mysteries but the more we dig deep into it, we tend to go further away from it."

Hearing his reply Nimbus let out a deep sigh, "You're certainly right. I wonder what this 'girl's talk' is all about. Do they talk about their favorite things? Do they talk about their daily experience? Perhaps they talk about who they like or maybe even talk about their boob sizes... Ah, it maybe just it! Mhm, mhm."

"I'm pretty sure they would talk about everything except the last one you mentioned, there's no way women would talk about that kind of stuff."

"Now, now. Its a mystery right? M-Y-S-T-E-R-Y. You never know unless you understand right?"

Being told that, Jouzu realized that Nimbus had a point. They never know what girls talk about when their with the same sex after all. Boys also have their own kind of conversation with each other when the opposite sex is not present so maybe he was right after all, "I suppose you have a point, but wouldn't that be weird talking about stuffs like that? I mean there's no point talking about it, whether its big or not right?" he replied.