Chapter 38: The King's Quest

Time swiftly went by and before eveyone knew, night is already coming. The moon began its ascension to its rightful throne slowly as the sun retreated on the horizon, following the moon were its companions, the stars who never failed to shine and light the dark night sky. Strangely, the foreign world had similar constellations and famous, bright stars that outshone the others, such as the constellation of Orion, and the star Rigel. It reminded every Adventurer who gazed at the sky that no matter how foreign or far a place could be, they're still accompanied by the same stars that they've been looking at since the beginning of eternity.

For most, this particular time indicates that they're day is already over, the only thing left to do for them is to go back to their homes, have time with their family and have a good rest to prepare themselves for another cavalry in their lives that awaits them on the next day, however, the day isn't done yet for the Adventurers. They still have yet to attend a celebration in the royal family's castle as told by the king himself.

"Oi Nimbus, you good?" Jouzu asked as he knocked on the door.

"Almost done, fine men like me take time in grooming y'know?"

"All right, I'll wait for you outside then. I don't want to tire myself from waiting." bidding Nimbus a goodbye, he went out of the inn, sitting on a nearby bench just a few steps outside. He took a quick glance on the night sky and raised his hand, motioning his fist as if he's grabbing the stars, "Stars are honestly beautiful" he said, "Yet no one ever notices that they're gone a long time ago and most of them are just remnants of the past... even so, these remnants are beautiful and shine bright even in the darkest nights."

"There you go again talking to yourself" Nimbus barged in suddenly, "To be honest everytime I hear your tantrums, I think you'd be a great philosopher."

"As if my aim is to become a philosopher" he countered, retracting his raised hands back to the bench, "I feel like I just have to release my thoughts from time to time, I actually never think about them, it just comes out of my mouth."

"Heh?" Nimbus raised his brow, a teasing expression on his face, "Well if you'd only hear your 'thoughts' from my perspective, I'm sure you'd think the same."

"Who knows? Maybe there'll be a day I'll eventually 'hear' what I've been saying."

"So? How's life been here for you?"

Jouzu faced Nimbus when he asked, he was the first person to ask him what he has been asking to the others. He gazed back into the night sky as he answered, "Its been... probably ok, I guess. Nothing much changed, you guys are still there and everything's just the same except for the fact that this is our reality now."

Nimbus sighed, a short delay before he responded, "You're right, everything is still the same. I was actually excited the first time we came here because I thought that I could do anything freely since this is just a game world and a game world doesn't have limits, yet we've only come this far because this world became our world. The limits of everything had once again been put to action." he said.

"The limits of everything huh?" Jouzu muttered as he closed his eyes for a short moment.

"Ah, they're finally here."

"Sorry for the wait Nimbus, Jouzu. Shard took a long time picking a dress." Sigrun apologized.

"Ohoho! Damn ya'll look great!"

"Yeah, all of you look beautiful" Jouzu smiled and complimented, earning him slight blushes from the girls, "Well then, shall we get going?"

Everyone agreed and went to the carriage that they rode earlier that day, once everyone was on board they immediately headed to the castle.