Chapter 26: "Lead"

At a certain village, Adventurers were going here and there, walking and chatting around as they memorize the village's layout. Some went from one house to another asking about some questions that might help them as they march towards their goal, others took their leisure time, taking their breaks by eating or drinking at the taverns and bars.

The residents of the once quiet and peaceful village couldn't adjust to the sudden entrance of over five hundred Adventurers, they wondered on where the hell did this people came from and how did they found out about their place. Such experience were first in their history books, no Adventurer had reached the place they settled until, well... now, if there is such record then it must've been long forgotten.

But they soon realized that this sudden occurence might be a good thing, a really good one. Since their village was hard to reach (since the only way to it was the Mountain Path) and almost isolated, they could use this opportunity to know more about the outside world. These people who visited them were no ordinary at all, they saw them as walking books of information, lots and lots of information. When they were asked questions, they gladly answered each and every one of it, in return they would also ask for the outside world or other sorts. Such is the way they welcomed the tired Adventurers, even though they didn't know where was their origin.

"...and so we came into your domain."

Varix explained then took a breather after the long story he told.

"Hmm... souka [or is it sokka (I see)?]. It was certainly a tiring journey."

An old man said stroking his long white beard.

Though he was old, his physique was of a warrior. He wore a black leather tunic matching his pants that was tinted in black, his dark eyes was the complete opposite of his steely medium length hair. He is none other than the village's leader.

"So your goal is to the Elves isn't it?"

"Yes, reaching them is our goal."

"They're quite elusive to humans and even I don't know much about them except for their natural talent in magic. For your question, I don't have the answer" he paused. "But I do know a person who could give them."

"May we ask who this person is?"

Forte politely inquired.

"He does not have a name, but he lives above the mountain you passed. I warn you of the dangers of that path, Wyverns had nested it long before we came."

"We thank you for expressing your concern and the lead you gave us" Varix bowed. "We also give our utmost gratitude for your warm welcome."

"Raise your head Adventurer, it is only natural that we Edeans and residents of Kalgar welcome you with open arms."

"We shall accept your kindness towards us."

The old man gave him a nod as a reply.

"If we may, we should excuse ourselves now for we have things to do."

"Umu, you needn't ask. You are free to excuse your selves as you wish."

"Again, we thank you for your kindness."

Afterwards, they discussed topics about trades, transportation, and economy. They asked the old man if Hedia and his locality can have an pact regarding the previous topics, of course alliance was included and when they're done dealing with the pros and cons of the formed pact, the meeting was adjourned. One by one, the Division leaders and Jouzu left the old man's office, giving their thanks once again for the village's warm and willing pleasantries.