Chapter 31: To The North!

A few hours after the meeting

The village of Kelgar lit up as the night came down upon the never ending land. Though small the village's very bright lighting could match those places which were much larger. As the village started to go night mode, Zerti left Pontiferre's inn to go and meet Haff, which told him to come to him earlier that day.

As he exited the door a familiar man stood beside it, it was no doubt his friend and rival, Terrence.

"Yo! took you long enough to get out."

Zerti replied with that "I'm sorry" look, "Well I needed to help out inside too, also I needed to get Mr. Pontiferre's permission."

"Hmm, well it can't be helped. Let's go?"

"Mm."

And just like that, the two breezed through the crowd swiftly evading the rummaging villagers as they counterflowed on the streets until they reached the village's outskirts. Once they passed through the gates, a sea of tents came to their view which was housed by over 500 Adventurers that traveled from Hedia to their place in search for the long uncontacted Elves.

Haff's tent was never really hard to find, the high ranking officers such as the Raid Leaders had larger and decorated temporary tents than the common ones, their color also differed from one another like Haff's silver-tinted tent. The two went in as soon as they found it.

"Oh, its the two of you" Haff greeted, "come here and take a seat."

As Haff told them, the duo took a seat in front of his desk.

"I know that you're asking yourselves why did I called both of you here earlier," Haff began, "you see, its not like everyday I see Edeans like you to have combat capabilities like what I saw earlier. As an adventurer myself, I am amazed by the two of you, so I would like to give you a special offer."

Zerti and Terrence looked at each other then chorused, "An offer?"

"Yes, an offer. I assume you already know our story on why we came here, and if that's the case, you'd know that we lack knowledge and information about this world. As such, we would need someone or somebody we can trust to be our guide and source in order to survive." Haff explained, sincerely asking for them.

When they heard this, both of their eyes glimmered with excitement. At last, a journey that should start to write the pages in their lives is about to begin. As for Zerti, his wish finally came true. He now holds the little chance to find who burned his family and who set their poor village ablaze. He finally felt something that lightened his burden and suffering even just for a tiny bit.

Both faced Haff while their eyes shone and then replied a short but simple "Yes".

Haff stood up from his chair and offered his hand to the duo, "Hmm, then we shall be comrades from now on. I'll be looking forward doing great things with the two of you, welcome to the Expedition Force."

----------------------------------

Dawn, Kelgar Outskirts

Everything was cleared up outside of Kelgar, the tents that sprouted like mushrooms before were already gone and the Adventurers were back into their respective Divisions. Standing at their front we're the leaders and two other unknown men. They've all been travelling long enough to remember each other's faces but those figures were new to their eyes. But desite this, they didn't spat a single word out of their mouths. If the new figures are standing in front of them, then they are sure strong as hell like the others.