Chapter 50: Enjoying the free time

After the battle against the unusual monsters, everything went back to normal in Vrojen, for now at least. The Apprentice of greed is still going on and about somewhere and who knows how many schemes does he have running through his mind. Once these things were determined, they discussed with King Xander and the Vrojen Royal Council on how should they proceed regarding the said things. Also, since monster invasions were to be expected they decided to name the unidentified monsters ❲Necrotimen❳ derived from the words "necromancy" and "man" which perfectly describe how the monsters' limbs and body parts were placed in an unusual manner. They also leveled up after battling the horde of Necrotimens giving them additional boosts in their stats and abilities.

It has been nearly 7 months since the players were suddenly brought into the game, it had been a long journey for all of them. Within that span of time, they had established their own village, a small city, and formed relationships with the people whom in the past, were only programmed to liven up and give life to the man-made entertainment called game.

For now though, they could only worry about what would happen next and plan for the future. They still have the Apprentice of Greed and Kash'Nir to deal with, aside from them, there's a probability of a higher being that's far greater than any of them, and lastly Arakath, a raid monster that is undoubtedly the highest ranked monster they currently had seen. If the rule of the game is in effect, then it is inevitable that they will face the said beings sometime in the future and thus, must be thinking of it and never let it slip out of their minds.

"Hey Jouzu, mind going out with me later?" Irish asked with her always bright manner.

"I guess so, there's not much we would be doing after all" he answered, "where do you plan to go?"

"See, I wanted to look around for some shops but haven't had the time to do it because were super-duper busy."

"But you can just do it with the other girls right?" Nimbus interjected, "besides you'd make everyone jealous, or even a little mad if you'd do that." he whispered as silently as he could.

"That's not gonna do y'know, it has to be him and him only."

"Why so?"

"Because it wouldn't be a date if i'm with the others right?" she replied as she turned to Jouzu with a heart-melting and bright smile.

"Now you really said it..." Nimbus sighed.

The other girls glanced for a moment though they quickly averted their eyes once Jouzu looked to them. It seemed that they didn't mind so he just went along with it. But Irish made him wonder, why would she call it a date and why does she want to be with him specifically?

"So what time will that be?" Jouzu asked, no changes with his usual flat tone.

"Let's see... How about around 4:00 in the afternoon, would that be alright with you?"

"That should be alright, I have no plans for today either."

"That settles it then, I look forward to our date Jouzu!" she said ecstatically.

"Putting everything aside, how do you keep getting girls to like you!?" Nimbus flamed out.

"I don't think Irish likes me though, she's just has a cheerful nature."

"God forgive this man for he does not know what he's saying" Nimbus sighed, "anyways, want to hang out with me first before your date? I'm thinking of testing out some skills I created my own, mind taking a look at them?"

"Sure thing, besides I want to try something out too regarding mana and magic but..."

"But what?" Nimbus asked with a baffled expression.