Chapter 49: A Mild Greeting

⟬4 Hours after the interrogation⟭

Jouzu and co presented the three culprits related to the cult called Pleonexia to the king, they're currently in a hidden chamber inside the castle along with few people that King Xander brought with himself which were Sir Draginus IV, the head of the royal guards, Madame Angela Doran, head of the city law enforcement troop and Sir Kloy Argefard, commanding officer of the Vrojen's King Guard unit.

"To think that you would capture some of the Apprentice of Greed's important chess pieces in such a short amount of time, I'm truly perplexed and feel somewhat terrified of your abilities. I would like to send my deepest gratitude to you Sir Varix." The king said as he sat down in the chair.

"We have only responded to your requirements, there is no need to give us your thanks your highness. There is also no need to feel fear in us, we only do what's been asked with the best of our abilities and it may have been luck to have Sigrun as one of our main assets" Varix courteously replied with a bow, "We have made progress, but it is only just a single step. These people as important pieces as they were for the Apprentice of Greed's scheme, have no knowledge anything about him. It seems that Pleonexia's head is not just smart but also cunning, not even telling his subordinates the purpose of his commands."

"I see" Draginus muttered, "That may be the reason why we haven't been able to learn anything about that demon for a long time. He likes to keep everything and everyone in silence as he does his work what a truly cunning individual."

"But Sir Varix, if we do not even know what the head is thinking then this all amounts to nothing does is not? I'm not trying to be someone who brings the bad mood but finding out the pieces but extracting nothing from them is nothing but a number that is equals to zero."

"Madame Angela, it is as you said. These all amounts to nothing without being able to gain anything out of these three but there's also the fact that the head will soon make an action, though what that action is unknown for now, we should anticipate and expect it since he has no pawns or pieces now. Besides, we should be able to control anything that happens within the city right now that these three are here, things that worried you before such as economy and security should slowly return back to normal or if not, close to normal which means for a certain amount of time, members of the law enforcement units and guards can go back to their usual time of duties."

"Isn't that great, Angela?" Draginus said with a smirk.

"Well, I couldn't disagree with that. Everyone likes a little bit of a breather don't they?"

"Then let's move on to the next thing" Kloy said without wasting any time, "What do we do for now?"

"For now, let's discuss about the next thing once everything about Pleonexia ends, specifically, the Demon beast Kash'Nir. As we all know, we barely escaped from his domain before we arrived here and as his majesty told us before, the demon has also been causing problems to your relations outside of Vrojen resulting in your isolation. We can offer some of our very best Adventurers but I believe that we would need more than a hundred people to make it a success, we cannot tell how much damage would the demon cause once we start to subjugate it but I am giving you my word, we would do the best we can to minimize the loss of your people."

"But does it not burden your people more than ours? I cannot help but doubt that doing something like that doesn't require a price to be paid for."

"Sir Draginus, Vrojen has already paid us by giving us rights to build our own settlement near it. It is more than enough for us, besides we Adventurers have confidence in our combat and cooperation abilities. We also came from another world and thus have only one purpose and that is to come back to our home, everything and everyone we left behind is there after all."