Chapter 54: The Feral One

Within the darkness of the spacious hallway, a creature which The Eyes referred to as The Feral One is waiting for the Exodus Knights. It was left to them to serve as a trial in order to have the rights to be on the queen's chamber which is just a room ahead after the Feral One's chamber.

Letting out a sigh of dismay and irritation Nimbus materialized his greatsword and shield, "We've got no choice, how can that cheeky bastard leave us with something like this after taking Irish's body?"

"We'll just have to deal with it, we should get past it pretty fast." Mischa shrugged as she also materaliazed her sword.

"Say, may I ask if you can leave this one to me?" Jouzu expressionlessly said, materializing two swords with dark green streaks on its sharp edges. This was the sword he got after they had defeated the Scoropede, the twin blades called 「Poison Stingers」. Its previous form wasn't suitable for dual-wielding but Jouzu asked Hjern to modify it and hence became available for him to use as a one-handed weapon which suits him as a dual-wielder.

"If you do that, your EXP points would advance further than ours. You said we should always be on equal amounts so we will all step into same levels right?" Nimbus tilted his head as he asked.

"Yeah, that's right. That's why I want all of you to hit it once before I try to solo it. That way, the EXP can still be distributed" Jouzu replied and gave his instructions, "Sigrun after hitting it once, would you be able to discern its monster rank?"

"One glance would be enough for me."

"Great, then i'll count on you on that regard. Let's go."

Dashing with great speeds, all of them invaded The Feral One. The monster seemed to sense its prey coming to it and replid with a deafening howl, giving them various debuffs such as slow and weakened resistances.

Once they were in distance, their eyes saw the form of the monster. A dark brown wolf with spiked fur, even larger than the direwolves which stood at over 2 meters tall. Massive black claws that belittled and shamed the sharpest blades that normal humams made, three long tails that seemed to launch projectiles from its back and fangs that were as savage as it can be. With all its terrifying features, it became clear why it was called The Feral One. A name hovered above its head, and that was the monster's name, Cygnott.

Nimbus, Sigrun, and Mischa swiftly made it to the frontlines, following Jouzu's instructions to hit it with one strike each. After them was Shard who fired her magic rifle to complete the sequence.

"Jouzu, that one's an S+ rank. Be careful dealing with it." Sigrun reported and then swiftly retreated with the others to a safe place to watch Jouzu's upcoming battle.

"Thanks, i'll do just that." Replying quickly, Jouzu's turn finally came. Instantly closing the distance with the monster who was provoked by his comrades' earlier strikes.

Cygnott swung its paws equipped with its large and sharp claws but Jouzu dodged it by a large side step and swung his sword a total of eight times. However, despite of being a monster Cygnott possessed wit and blocked Jouzu's counter attack using its other massive paw.

Jouzu then blinked into the monster's flank and unleashed one of his skills 「Cross Slash」 but to his surprise, no damage was dealt to Cygnott. Using his temporary moment of surprise, the monster immediately reacted by swinging all of its three tails to send a flurry of sharp hardened furs. Quickly regaining his composure, Jouzu deflected and took down the incoming furs using his twin blades before performing another blink to the monster's back and unleashing a combo of slashes.

Unable to react quickly because Jouzu had gone into a blind spot, the battle's first hits landed on the wolf's behind.

Cygnott howled in pain and turned its body around to bare its fangs to its attacker but Jouzu was already gone before the wolf would be able to launch its counter, Jouzu was already somewhere Cygnott couldn't see prepared to launch another series of slices. Realizing this, Cygnott hardened its furs to defend itself and perfecly negated Jouzu's barrage of slashes from its side.