Chapter 17: Turn Around

It has already been an hour and a half since the Exodus Knights started their battle against the SS+ rank monster Scoropede but there was still no signs of the battle ending near.

Currently, the Scoropede's HP is at its 80% mark. One could say its high defense and HP considering its a level 15 monster is really absurd And ridiculous, its Attack power doesn't seem to go far away from its high stats too.

It was a challenge they didn't expected nor wished for to happen, all they wanted was to find the Safe Zone inside the Hedian Labyrinth. But unfortunately, they had encountered the beast that they didn't wished for.

Jouzu: "Hey Shard! Are you done creating that skill yet?"

Shard: "Y-yes! It can be casted right now."

Jouzu: "Then do it!"

Hearing Jouzu's order, Shard began casting the spell she created. A circle with red outline appeared underneath the Scoropede, the circle's diameter was much larger than of the Scoropede, it put the monster right on the circle's center and then...

Jouzu: "Everyone! Get outside that circle!"

Jouzu shouted, as he commanded his comrades.

All of them quickly repositioned outside the circle's range and just shortly after, a rain of bullets fell down.

The Scorpede let out a screech of agony as the seemingly infinite rain of bullets with the size of a tennis ball hit its body, it had no chance of moving or even defending its self from the rain. All it did was to stay there and take all of the bullets using its natural defense, its hard exoskeleton.

The attack lasted for 5 seconds before it subsided and as expected, the Scoropede just stood there like nothing happened.

[Scoropede Lv.15]
[164,200/230,000]
[72,500/80,000]

Seeing this, Jouzu saw that Shard's attack only reduced 9% of its health. It was a decent amount for just 5 seconds unlike using their skills and their basic attacks which only dealt damage starting from 1300 HP To 2100 HP.

They were frozen for a moment, taking 9% of the Scoropede's HP in just 5 seconds was amazing. Well technically, they could also do that if they continuously attacked the monster but as the monster also attacked them, they couldn't.

It was also the reason why after one hour and thirty minutes have passed before they had took 20% of the monster's HP.

After the attack subsided, the vanguards Jouzu, Mischa And Sigrun hurriedly went to attack the Scoropede. Nimbus also positioned himself to once again taunt the monster.

Jouzu: "Good job Shard, that should be enough damage for now."

Shard: "T-Thanks..."

Sigrun: "How long until it can be casted again?"

Shard: "I-it should be ready after 30 seconds."

Sigrun: "Great, cast it again once its ready."

Shard: "S-sure..."

Nimbus: "Oy Jouzu! Looks like you have formulated a plan now."

Jouzu: "I wouldn't call it a plan though."