Chapter 55: The Queen's Chamber

"Did you just say you'd make that thing your pet!?!?" Nimbus asked loudly in shock, "are you serious!? that kind of monster can't be tamed! what the heck has gone through your head?!"

Normally one could tame a monster as long as it is not the hostile type or a high-ranking type only the class of Beast Tamers or those who has a secondary class of Whisperer could bypass such rules. A normal player like Jouzu belonging to the Assassin class, would not be able to make such contract with a monster, especially with one having such a high rank like Cygnott and doing such is like hoping for pigs to fly freely in the sky.

"Jouzu, I know you're kind of a smart guy. But when did you become such a really stupid man?" Mischa said as she face-palmed and shook her head.

Jouzu expected Sigrun to query him as well but she did not say a word despite being shocked earlier. It seems that she is currently analyzing the possible reasons why he aimed for such an impossible thing.

"I had hoped that you would be shocked to silence but you guys even had the energy to mock me" Jouzu sighed as he stood and stopped petting Cygnott's head, "well, there's an explanation for this and this one is just a little experiment to test things out just like using blade arts earlier."

"Could it be you're trying to know how much of reality is existing right now in this world?" Sigrun, who was silent moments ago seemed to have gained her conclusion, "taming is possible as long as it is not a monster belonging to a high rank, but seeing you fight against this wolf it is evident that it possesses high intelligence which in a sense, a requirement to tame animals, similar to dogs and cats."

"As expected of you Sigrun" Jouzu smiled weakly then turned his gaze to Nimbus and Mischa, "that's the answer both of you were looking for."

"However by how things are proceeding and changing, domesticating Cygnott should only be possible to a Beast Tamer hence, it should be impossible for you to tame it" Sigrun followed and was about to say another explanation but she chose not to, as if reaching a conclusion, "I get it now" she said as she removed the hand in her chin.

"Put it simply, I am trying to determine the progress of change in this world. For now, I believe there's still a way to go back to our previous world but if we let things go unchecked, that opportunity could slip into our hands." Jouzu explained briefly.

It is not yet known if the two worlds are merging or separating. The possibility of being a parallel world instead of another world is also quite high because of how the rules of physics in Ethera works the same just like on Earth with a few exceptions , at least in their current situation. Being able to use magic definitely isn't possible on Earth because a concept of power, known as "mana" doesn't have absolute and evident existence. For now, it is safe to say that Ethera⏤the world they're all in to⏤is "gaining rights" by "updating" day-to-day to exist as a new world by bringing in new concepts and laws, and existing ones that are the same as Earth's.

"In a sense, this little test of mine is to scale how fast Earth's laws are being applied. If taming Cygnott does not succeed, that means the updates coming into this world is progressing very slow, if I am able to tame him instantly by forming a contract, that means the progress is going on the right pace, but if I were able to tame him yet does not immediately become obedient towards me, then the progress is going pretty fast" Jouzu explained, "I look forward of him becoming my pet but, that would mean the updates are coming in hot and we would need to race against time if we want to go back."

"That's a pretty damned detailed 'little' experiment you got there" Nimbus sighed as he scratched his head, "first things first though, where the heck is that guy who took over Irish's sexy body? you've already took down this big bad wolf yet it's still not here."