Chapter 37: Establishing A Relationship

"Pardon for the wait nobles of Hedia, their majesties have arrived." the chancellor greeted as he made his entrance, following him was the Elf King, Queen, and their children who looked like within the same age of Jouzu and his friends, after them was the royal council and most elite royal guards including Kloy himself.

"Greetings your majesty," Varix said as he bowed and knelt, his actions followed by the others around, "It is in our deepest gratitude to have your presence. I am Varix Olgran, the standing leader of the Hedia Expedition Force."

The king chuckled, "Oh no, no, no, it is our pleasure to have you here. Its been quite a long time since one of the Edean race have come to visit us, please feel like at home." he said, "Ah, now I'm starting to have flashbacks of my friend back then, I wish he could've lived longer like us" A short pause, "Oh, where are my manners, I am King Xander Markien Geunnard IV, beside me is my beautiful wife Iris."

"It is a pleasure to meet you madam." Varix said, still kneeling on the ground.

"It is a pleasure to meet all of you as well." The queen replied.

Varix then signals the others to make their introductions where they kept it short and simple. The King and Queen's sons and daughters made their introduction in chronological order. The first prince and also the eldest, Felix followed by his brother Ardel and the princesses Aryanna, Rica, and Alicia with Crystal being the youngest. They then had a seat and so began the talkings.

Given that they were the visitors, Varix and the others had the first word to say and used it to address and tell their story from the beginning until the present time. This would correct the impression that they are Edeans but instead people from another world, once everything was cleared up and layed out they began the real formal talks. Right off the bat, Varix said that they would want access to knowledge or any information regarding the world they stepped in which to in their luck, they are in the City of Scholars. They asked permission and access to the thousands -or even millions- of books in the libraries and academies of the city. Second, Varix asked them if they could establish a temporary base that will be home for the rest of the Expedition Force to settle in.

It was at this point the king asked, "Why build a base if you could just stay within our walls? it benefits both of our parties as we will also have the chance of studying your own culture, how you run politics, and perhaps even the way you fight."

"It is because we also plan to expand it into a city as well as we did in the norths of Hedia," Disgyr answered, "there were millions of us when we were sent into this lands and we can't afford to be in your care always. We do appreciate your offer but not all Adventurers are like us, we are still of human nature or in your language Edean, after all."

"I understand what you mean, even we cannot deny such nature in ourselves. We're beings of greed and power after all and as history dictates, these Edean nature have caused too much troubles."

After this they talked more on where and when will be that settlement established and once a location was selected they then tackled on to the next thing, economy and trade, Haff starting it off with a speech, "Despite us being people of a different world, we are also beings who lives with the concept of economy and trades, just like you and most of the races here in Pristonia. If our speculations were to be true and that there won't be any route to send us back in our world, then we will be living here as another race and that means we must establish a permanent, stable, and a healthy economy. If such things were to happen, we have planned possible trade routes between our cities which will liven our own economy while diversifying your products, armory, and of course, weaponry. We will offer things from our world that even the smartest races wouldn't even think of as possible," Haff paused and took a little breather before he continued, "Next, would be technology. In our world, countries who have state-of-the-art technology sits high atop the world economic rankings which I can safely say that a technology-driven nation results to a great economic powerhouse. As beings of other world we can assure that we have much to offer that is probably hundreds or thousands of years more advanced than the technology here has, it is just an estimate however but it we could give results once we were to go in the Dwarves' turfs and confirm. If everything is accurate however, we can assure you that works would be easier and faster than ever, travel time between cities or even nations would be greatly decreased. The downside to this is that, we don't know if this world has the same materials with ours and until we do confirm, everything would just be fantasy." he finished and then whispered to Varix's ears, "I can't believe I just said all of that."