Chapter 33: Arfoyd Caves (Part 2)

Arfoyd Caves, Galheneim Forest, Day 18

It has been two and a half weeks since Jouzu and Sigrun had been stuck in the deeper parts of the cavern, their situation surprisingly okay despite of the time passed since. There are still no clues on how to get out of the infinite loop that had kept them wandering and wondering. In the camp, people had already heard the rumors and causing a slight pandemonium. Doubts also started to worm in their minds, unsure if they would still continue to venture further.

Yet in spite of their current state, their morale is still as high as ever, thanks to the Division leaders who had done a great job in keeping the Adventurer's hopes and spirit high.

Nonetheless, time is ticking and there's no telling when everything will fall apart. If worse comes to worst, they'd abandon everything, including the search for their comrades.

Formed in a circle, the Division leaders along with Mischa, Nimbus, Shard, Irish and the Edeans Zerti and Terrence they began their daily forum which had started since Jouzu and Sigrun had gone lost. For the past days, they had done nothing but theorize, discuss, and formulate a solution to get the duo back. They also kept close contact on the two, making sure that they were updated and informed on what's happening in there and in the camp.

"Gomen, Jouzu, we still can't find a way to help you out." Nimbus apologized, "but we'll keep trying, in the meantime be sure to keep safe out there we can't immediately send anyone to rush if you were to enter any troubles."

"Don't worry about it, we can look out for ourselves." replied Jouzu, "Besides its actually safe here, we haven't encountered any monsters along the way."

"How about your supplies? for how long do you think they'd last?"

"That, I don't know. We're conserving it just in case."

"How 'bout you? how long do you think you'd last?" Disgyr intruded, "I trust your abilities but mental concerns are a different thing."

"I thank you for your concern Disgyr-san, but my mind is far stronger than steel."

"What about Sigrun? is her will as strong as yours?"

"We-" suddenly, Jouzu had felt like something hit him, forcing him to stop his reply. Damn right, he's been okay for the last weeks but is Sigrun the same? he looked at Sigrun's eyes and asked himself "is she okay?".

"Hold up Disgyr-san, something came up. I'll end it here, good bye." Ending the call, he turned his gaze once again to Sigrun for a few moments then walked towards and sat beside her. Disgyr's question kept ringing in his mind, he couldn't help but worry about Sigrun who had been stuck with him since.

"Sigrun..." Jouzu muttered, "are you okay?"

Hearing his inquiry, Sigrun replied, "Y-yeah, i'm fine." while staring at the cave's ceiling.

"Is that so? how about the feeling you've got when we went here, does it still linger?"

"M-mm... it still does. Its just, strange I can't describe it."

Jouzu sighed in relief, it seems that she's still fine but he's still anxious about Disgyr's question. He stared at the cave's ceiling as he prayed that things will get better in the following days.

"...cared." he heard, a voice familiar to him. He suddenly looked at Sigrun, curled up and hiding her face.

"I'm scared..." she muttered, trying her best to keep herself from crying.

"Sigrun..."

"Ne Jouzu, what would you do if we can't ever go back there?"

He replied by patting her head, stroking her smooth, long hair to comfort her, "I'd stay here with you, I said it didn't I? i'd be nothing if you guys weren't here with me." he said, "I'd never let anyone of you stray away, i'll fight even the gods if I have to just to keep you."