Chapter 13: Trip

A Burst of The Sun's Light Shone Down The Green Pastures of The Seemingly Infinite Plains. It Has Been 4 Hours Since The Exodus Knights Departed From Phalanx To Head Back To The World's Starting Point, The Great City of Hedia.

It Will Be A Two Day Trip For Them. The Distance Between Hedia And Phalanx Was Quite Far, They Knew But It Was Already Late When They Realized They Should've Rented Or Bought A Wagon.

Now, All of Them Had No Choice But To Walk Using Their Feet To Reach Hedia.

The Path Was Smooth, Dusty And Rocky. Small Patches of Grass Grow Along With It But It It Didn't Spread Any Further. The Path Was Frequently Used Preventing The Grass Around It To Regrow Overtime.

As The Exodus Knights Walk, Irish Interrupted Their Chitchats With A Complain.

Irish: "Aaaah, I'm So Tired. Jouzu Carry Me."

She Said Asking For Jouzu To Have Him Carry Her.

Jouzu: "Uhh... Why?"

Irish: "Because I Hate Walking, My Feet Is Sore Already. Carry Me."

Irish Demanded, Being More Pushy And Clingy.

Mischa: "Hey! No Clinging! We Can Always Take A Rest Anytime. Were Not In A Hurry Anyways."

Mischa Said, While Removing Irish's Arms Into Jouzu's Arm.

Irish: "But I Want Jouzu To Carry Me! You're Just Jealous Cause He Won't Carry You."

Irish Retaliated, Then Sticked Out Her Tongue To Tease Mischa.

Mischa: "J-J-JEALOUS? HOW CAN I BE J-J-J-JEALOUS? There's Nothing I Like About Jouzu!"

Mischa Stuttered, Her Face Were Already Flushed And Red As She Tried To Defend Herself.

Nimbus: "Jeez, Why Are They Always After Jouzu..."

Said Nimbus In A Low Voice, Trying His Best To Not Let Jouzu Hear Him.

Jouzu: "Can We Stop That? Umm... I'll Take Mischa's Suggestion, Lets Take A Rest For Now. I'm Also Tired of Walking And We Have Plenty of Time Anyways."

And So, All of Them Agreed With Him. They Took Their Break On A Nearby Tree Shade.

All of Them Sat Down On The Soft Grass Under The Tree, The Wind Blows Gently Upon Them Giving Them A Relaxing Sensation. The View Was Just An Infinite Plains of Green But Along The Peaceful Silence An Environment, It Was Beautiful.

It Was A Feeling They Haven't Had In The Real World,l. All of Their Years Rotated Living In A City Filled With Structures And Skyscrapers. Though It Also Had Some Greeneries Most of It Was Only For Design Purposes And Not For A Natural Cause.

It Was A Scenery Which They Haven't Experienced. As Far As They Can Remember They Only Had The Chance To Experience Similar Sceneries In VR Simulation And The VR Games They Played.

"I Never Thought I Can Experience The True Beauty of Nature. I Hope This Thing Lasts Forever."

Jouzu Said In His Mind.

He Was Staring At The Tree's Leaves As They Sway Along The Gentle Breeze, The Rustling Sound The Leaves Created Was Music In His Ears.

As He Looked Up To See The Sky, Shard's Flushed Face Appeared Out of Nowhere In His View. Followed By Her Soft And Calm Voice, She Asked.

Shard: "C-Can I Sit Next To You?"

For A Moment, Jouzu Thought That It Was Just His Imagination. He Closed His Eyes And Then Opened It Again Just To See Shard Staring At Him. Confirming It Was Not His Imagination, He Answered.