Chapter 35: Vrojen and the Nefarious Hands

"W-were finally out now..."

After the long, tiring journey inside the Arfoyd Caves, the Expedition Force finally made their way out. Finally, they were all able to see the sunlight once again and if by any chance, would be the first people to survive the cave's unpredictability.

At long last, their journey is about to meet its end.

Without wasting any second they marched onto their goal, individuals full of vigor and strengthened minds made their path out of the lush and thick forest. It seemed that their surroundings also cheered as they made their way, there were lots of chirping and noises the forest made as they advanced. Birds of different sorts sang and flew above them, butterflies of various colors made appearance before their eyes, and the whistle of the leaves soothed their ears. It was paradise out there and everyone in that particular party would remember and cherish it deep within their hearts and minds.

About thirty minutes later, they came to a halt. In their view was a walled city, a castle sitting right at the center. Of course, they only assumed that it was placed in the center, they didn't know how large or what's inside that wall is after all. The towering walls glimmered as it took the sun's rays, reminding them once again that they were in a fantastical world.

The Division Leaders quickly opened the map menu to check their location and finally, after weeks of marching, camping and replenishing, they're now here. Yes, they were finally at the Elves' Territory and the walled city right at their very sights was named Vrojen (Wroyen), the City of Scholars. Confirming they're now at their goal, Varix ordered the troops to stay. He said that him and the Division Leaders would enter the city first to have formal talks to whoever runs that territory.

"Halt! stop in your tracks and identify yourselves!" one of the elven guards commanded, spear pointing towards the human delegates.

"We have come from Hedia, the Capital City of Humans" Varix replied with an almost true royal accent, "I am Varix, currently the highest level adventurer and this are my friends."

For a second, the Elves couldn't react, as if wondering how did this humans find their way here, "It has been a long time since humans came to visit, how did you survive the wrath of Galheneim's demon?" another guard asked.

"We only survived the cave's illusions and not the demon's wrath" Jouzu corrected, imitating Varix's noble tone, "We left the demon alone after we broke the cave's barriers."

"That makes it more suspicious, no one had ever crossed that path. Even we Elves hadn't been able to."

"Not until 200 years ago." A tall, middle-aged elf interrupted. He had a strong, muscular build despite of his age, a well-trimmed brown beard that matches his also slightly trimmed hair, "I ask that you forgive them, they're far too young to know our race's history."

"B-but sire!"

"Enough is enough, they are the first humans to be here so we should welcome them and not argue. I am Kloy Argefard, the commanding officer of the Vrojen King's Guard it is my pleasure to welcome and meet you."

"I am Varix, the highest level adventurer and one of the Division Leaders in our expedition force. It is my pleasure to meet such a high ranking officer like you Sir Kloy."

"I am Forte Magister, the Guild master in Phalanx, a soon to be city of Adventurers. It is nice to meet you."

"Mine's Disgyr Haxlash, the Party leader of Darkslice and one of the Division Leaders."