Chapter 48: The Start of the Next Phase

It has been a few hours since Mischa and Irish knocked Horshen out, the man who were to receive a message from the Apprentice of Greed through another man nicknamed "Shapeshifter". It was currently night time and the Bloodmancer, Shapeshifter, and Horshen are currently tied up next to each other inside a place resembling that of a basement.

To be more precise it was Jouzu's party's, Exodus Knights' house, which is located in the Adventurer village Woldon. It was built for them so that they wouldn't have to stay in Vrojen's city inns anymore. Currently, they're using the place as a settlement and as a base,  which allows them to do their own things to do.

"So we were able to apprehend the Bloodmancer, the Shapeshifter, and Horshen the Terrorblade this day eh?" Nimbus said as he caressed his hard-toned jaw, "seems like Sigrun's plans are as fruitful and fail-proof as always, that's her for you."

"You're right, even if we have been together for years it still impresses me how her plan never fails, it's just simply amazing." Mischa agreed as she added her compliments.

"I just did what would seem to work, it's nothing really special" Sigrun smiled as she took their compliments then quickly turning her gaze to the tied up men in full seriousness, "well, how about we begin our interrogation for these three?"

"I see, getting down to business already. As expected from a girl like you."

Sigrun was about to say a word but then-

"We just simply want to finish our tasks as swiftly as possible" Jouzu did so for her.

"Right. So first question, how long have you been working under the Apprentice of Greed?" Mischa asked.

"Silly question, we do not count the years we have been working for him. As long as we can bring fruition to his schemes then everything doesn't matter." the Bloodmancer replied.

"I only know that I've been following his orders for a long time, well that doesn't matter, I'm just a messenger anyways." the Shapeshifter followed.

"I think it's gonna be hard to squeeze something from this kind of guys from the way they answer Mischa's question."

"Really? It doesn't matter to me though, if we'll need to use force to get something out of them we can always do it don't you agree Nimbus?"

"Well, I'm not the violent kind of guy, but if we'll need to then I guess I will too. Besides, when is that Horshen guy gonna wake up? He's been dozing off the whole goddamn time!"

"There's no need to wake him up yet, these two will suffice for now." Sigrun answered, "now then let's get more direct. What are you planning to do with Vrojen?"

Bloodmancer laughed hard after hearing the question, the complete opposite of his scared and surprised expression when he got overwhelmed by Sigrun, "Well who knows? That man is quite shady, he only tells us what're we going to do without saying its purpose. To think that such a cunning person exists that even we, as his servants are not allowed to be given knowledge of his goals."

"Hey Sigrun, you're not being too soft to them are you? See, this guy's face paled when he first encountered you and now he's got guts to laugh and ridicule you." Mischa said as she smiled and looked at Bloodmancer like a sadist.

Hearing that, Horshen along with the Shapeshifter laughed hard saying things like "Seriously? you the bloodmancer?" and "That's quite something coming from you wasn't it?".

Angered and feeling irritated Bloodmancer seethed to them, "Laugh as hard as you can, remember that I can still use magic even if my hands are tied."

"But, can you actually do that?"

He froze like a statue when he heard a whisper coming from his left. He can feel a cold shiver running down his spine and the cold sweat dripping from his head, as if that voice was from a being that held his life. At the same time, Shapeshifter also made a similar expression who had heard that voice before he blacked out.