Chapter 43: Just Keep Reading!

Three days after their briefing things had progressed in a pace that they didn't anticipated. They had a full week to prepare countermeasures and to execute the decided plan and they didn't expect their fellow Adventurers to get what they mean and group themselves on the tasks that they were to be assigned of doing. Its like they've fully adapted on living to the new world and were used to troubles happening every now and then, like they were already in full grasp of the situation. Nonetheless it was not a big of a surprise since they were all from the same origin, unity is only natural when the same group of people were gathered in unfamiliar grounds and would help each other in times of need. Humans have been such kind of creatures hence the saying 'No man is an island', people cannot live by themselves without relying and trusting on one another.

In a span of three full days, the Adventurers were able to establish a small village which would be the starting point for the economic purposes of the plan. It would later serve as an exchange and trade spot where the people of Vrojen and the Adventurers would be free to negotiate stuffs related to technology, marketing, services, and supply. It would also be enlarged to a stronghold and would be a small community able to house around 5,000 to 8,000 people once the issue regarding Kash'Nir is taken care of. The Adventurers were also able to join the ranks of Vrojen's security and military forces in which the two had conducted joint operations which consisted of hunting, patrolling, and apprehending criminals lurking around inside the city. They also had joint training with Haff, Disgyr, Kloy, and Wagren acting as the head. The Adventurers taught swordsmanship, and tactics while the Elves taught magic which led to strengthening the bonds of the Elven soldiers and the Adventurers. On the political side, the only thing that has been done was sending spies inside the castle unknown to the King or any person related inside the castle. With the Adventurers unique creation of ability, even Kloy's strong clairvoyance wouldn't be able to detect the spies sent by Varix and Forte. The spies would give reports through the private voice chat channel (or telepathy) to their superiors 24/7 on what the political leaders have done, where they've been, and who are the persons they talk to when outside the castle.

Such were the amazing progress they've done but it was only just the beginning phase of the plan. There were still much more aside from that but things must be done one at a time to ensure that everything goes accordingly. There's always a need to be careful since possibility of betrayal is always there when it comes to large-scale operations like what they're doing right now and there's also the existing fact that their enemy might already know what they're doing to interfere their plans. Not every plan would work a 100% all the time and no one knows if something goes haywire so countermeasures and back-up plans are always taken into account.

"Can you believe it Jouzu? we were panicking and ranting when we first came to this world but now, here we are, trying our best to fit in with the original dwellers and establishing our very existence. I still can't believe that all of it happened in a couple of months, time really goes by doesn't it?" Mischa said as she looked the view of the hardworking Adventurers.

"Yeah. Compared to the Edeans, our time of existence in this world is nothing but a dot but we are already aiming for bigger things. These are the times that I really appreciate being a gamer, our unity and passion in games is what drives us to strive and look for bigger things."

"I'm going to ask an off course question" Sigrun intervened, "about your time magic Jouzu, have you created a skill related to it?" she asked.

"No, I still haven't" Jouzu answered, "time magic is overpowered after all. I can slow, stop, or fasten the flow of time with my will but if I used it wrong it would cause a great disaster."

Though what he said is unproven, it could also be a not-so-undeniable fact. Time is said to be related with space and gravity and thus if one were to uncarefully fiddle with its functions, then it'll result in a large disaster. The fabric of space-time is complex and even modern day scientist remain baffled about it, only relying on theories of people who were able to think deeply through it.