Chapter 27: To The Mountain Top!

High atop the ashen mountain sits a strange little hut, standing strong despite of the countless Wyverns flying in the air. For some unknown reasons, no Wyvern dared to land near the hut in spite of its small size, all of them seemed to avoid it at all cost.

Inside it lived a man who's age faded along with time. Wearing a ragged but clean long white robe, eyes turned white because of his very old age. His long beard reached lower than his waist matching with his long steel gray hair.

He hummed and mumbled something while putting some flasks on the hanging wood ranks, each one containing liquid with different colors. He placed it well with his steady and time-aged hands, despite of his immeasurable age his palms didn't shake like most old people did, in fact, his physique indicated that he was still strong enough to best most of the youths in the current age.

"Mm. This looks fine."

He smiled, putting both his hands to his waist.

"I haven't got any visitors lately... Was choosing this place to live the rest of my life wrong?"

He wondered, holding his chin.

By "lately" he meant an equivalent of half a decade or more. Who in their right mind would dare to go straight into the Wyverns' nest? Oh right, he did.

Done with his tasks inside, he went out of his home. As soon as he opened the wooden door, he was greeted by the mild breeze of the mountain. The sky he looked up for the past years was still the same, the same gray, cloud-filled sky. Had he already seen the sun for all the time he spent living there, he didn't know nor remember. He stepped on the dark brown soil the mountaid had, the soil which the Wyverns once laid.

He breathed in the mountain's air, filling his lungs before releasing it in a single sigh. Satisfied, he walked into his mini garden. His plants grew healthy regardless of the diminished soil, some even outgrowing his own home. He placed himself into the garden's center and then chanted an incantation which after some time, watered all of the plants.

"Hohohohoho, there you go my sweet sweet little greenies, drink and help yourselves grow in this wasteland."

He smiled lovingly.

Something was unusual within the plans he's taking care of, they had the ability to grow into the barren wasteland and when they received water, they looked like to answer him by waving and shaking, like it was alive. Finished with his daily watering, he went back inside of his hut, only to found his basketball-sized crystal orb glowing.

"Ooh, finally after all this time."

He excitedly carried the ball then caressed it. Short moments later, it showed a figure of seven Adventurers who were currently trekking the mountain path.

He only expected one person to come but seeing the eight figures made him a little bit of hyper and uhh, lets say overjoyed. He jumped and ran around like a crazy man. Finally for once in a "while", he would be able to see other people than the village leader.

"Uhuhuhu, where's my manners. I should wait for them, see if they are worthy of my words."

**********************************

Early in the day, Jouzu and his friends left Kelgar (name of the village). With inventories packed with health and mana pots, they set their journey to the mountain top. They've gone smoothly for the first few hours of travel, passing by the Aragorn Forest (the one with "organized" trees) without any issues.

"Strange, we've come this far but there's still no encounters."

Mischa mentioned while surveying the area with her sharp eyes.