76 : A'cute' befuddlement!

Manik's pov:

      " Sir we reached!" driver's croaky voice broke my rail of wandering thoughts which more or less consumed work. I sighed feeling the tedious day walloping all of my somatic cells.

Thumping the car door behind I walked to the door to be greeted by kaka's warm smile, I reverted back with a small one.

Walking past the drawing room with long heavy steps and towards the staircase, dragging my entire self all along. Wearied out of my guts to even climb up the stairs, the long hauled strides finally seemed worth it as I reached my room.

Pushing the door enough for me to walk in, the sight of an unusual light beeming through the room quite contrary to the wonted darkness piqued my curiosity. It was my bedside lamp, I walked in further fury threatening to embrace my sense at the thought of the supposed trespassing.

" Nandini!" I stayed put at the foot of the bed unabashedly gwaking at her reclining in all her glory self with her eyes scanning sharply through the magazine pages. My abrubt insidious arrival took her off-guard as she yelped a little bewildered.

" Manik..you scared me..!" shrieking she kept a plam over her chest while holding the magazine with another.

" What...I mean how are you here..!?" I asked flabbergasted yet happily overwhelmed at the sight of her.

" Where do you think I should be..?" she cross questioned like almost all the time.

" Idk..home maybe!" mockery in my voice made her slap a tight smile my way.

" Shutup! I Just thought to make it up since we had to drop our plan..!" She reasoned with an adorable akimbo face and I couldn't be more whipped!

Throwing away my blazer after mercilessly separating it from me followed by the tie, I let myself fall all over her frame more so slumped over her.

" Aree..!" I heard her squeak at the unexpected but she didn't resist.

After Letting herself get comfortable with me on her as I layed down with my head on her chest and arms around her waist holding her close to me, allowing every cell of my body to take in her presence...this is what I was missing!

" Exhausted...?" she asked rhetorically making me hmm softly, I was entirely lost in the tenderness of her fingertips caressing my hair gently massaging my scalp.

We stayed in atmost silence just the sound of our breaths filling the air. She kept caressing my hair, time and again pecking my forhead, pinching my cheeks only to earn a growl from me, her soft giggles filling me with a sense of serpendity akin to the sound of waves..

" Enough with the cuddles freshen up, aren't you hungry already!" she spoke making me face her.

" Starving!" I groaned at that suddenly feeling famished more than ever at the mention of food. She giggled before pushing me to freshen up.

" Nandini..tum.." minutes later I walked out changing into a grey vest paired with black tracks, expecting her to be around I was about to voice my curiosity concerning her sudden arrival but the cold silence in the room had me to gulp down my words.

I frowned not finding any traces of her anywhere, confused I left the room walked down stairs to enquiry about her departure simultaneously checking my cell for any message.

Before I could ask anything, the muffled sounds of giggles caught my interest and it wasn't any later that I knew it was her. Tracing my way through I walked a few steps and I found myself standing near the dining area.

" Am I the topic of interest?" With my hands crossed over my chest, I spoke grabbing the duo's attention.

" please! We have better things to talk about!" Nandini mocked as she went past me setting the table for the night.