17: Vulnerabilities

Manik's pov :

'They left" this was the last thing she said before lying unconscious in my arms leaving me with no idea whatsoever of my next step for a second I was just staring at her unconscious figure not knowing what to do but I soon realised her state. I patted her cheeks in order to to wake her up.

"Nandini! Nandini! " panic!! It is the only emotion I could assimilate..with my wet palms I was still patting her cheeks in order to get her to respond somehow, although it didn't work her state was just the same. I did the first sane thing that striked me...

I lifted her up in my arms and made way towards our cabin. Not before yelling at the peon to call the doctor. I was aware of the stares and whisper that filled the air as soon as i started moving with her in my arms, that was the last thing I cared for right now as my entire attention is occupied by the girl in my arms....FUNNY.. how few days ago I couldn't imagine myself saying this and now I was actually doing it, no wonder why life is said to be unpredictable...

--------------------------------------

I entered our cabin and placed her on the couch nearby, I grabbed the glass of water and sprinkled some on her face, there was no progression yet in her state. By the time I could think of any other way I heard the door open behind me followed by the footsteps before I could turn around to look at the source i heard a familiar voice..

" Manik! Kya hua Nandini ko is she fine, doctor ko bulaya. I heard about her state" it was Cabir, he sounded worried which I am sure he is, in such a short span these two really gelled along...

" I don't know Cabir, I found her in the storeroom in a terrible state and yeah Doctor will be here any minute" I informed Cabir with my eyes still not ready to leave her face, this time I didn't care if Cabir or for that matter what anyone would think, there were way too many thoughts in my mind it was all chaotic but the only major thought was hope she is fine....

My train of thoughts was interrupted when one of the employee entered in with the doctor. The doctor gave me and cabir a slight nod acknowledging our presence as he made way towards the couch...

After examining her for a while he looked at both of us saying...

" After what I have been informed about her state by your employee, I think she had a panic attack do you have any idea about any phobia she is suffering from?"

" we have no idea about it doctor" this time Cabir answered glancing at me once..

"hmm...in that case we would know the reason only when she gains her conscious apart from that there's nothing to worry about, yes there's a slight decrease in her blood pressure for that give her these when she gains her conscious" he said after passing cabir the prescription....

" Thank you doctor" Cabir said after which the doctor left followed by cabir with the prescription from which I could guess he went to get the medicines.

After they left my attention drifted back to the figure laying on the couch. Her face appeared calm unlike the other times. It was halfway covered with a few hair which was hiding a part of her face from me. I slowly made my way towards the couch and sat on the space beside her close to her face, I removed the strands off her face and tucked them behind her ears...

My mind was still not stable enough to comprehend my actions I was just following my instinct, I did what it made me do it was as if I have lost control over myself entirely, cuz the Manik Malhotra I knew exists wouldn't do any of it that I am doing right now.

Today for the first time I  felt like I could connect to her on someway, her devastated state reminded me of the things I never wanted to remember.....
The things that still makes me feel helpless.....it reminds me of the Manik who died seven years ago....