13: The answer!

Nandini's pov

I couldn't stop thinking about what Cabir said, the entire day that was the only thought that kept me occupied. I was thinking about the pros and cons of Cabir's plan. The more I thought I came to a conclusion something or the other would come up and mess with my mind all over again.

More than my work this has been stressing me mentally and emotionally. I tried working to get my mind off these thoughts but this time that didn't help either, it was getting on my nerves now.

I know somewhere what I should be doing but still there's some part of me is preventing me from doing so, I tell you this is so damm confusing...

all in all I am a mess right now, my mind is as messy as my table is . In all these thoughts I never realized it was the time for our lunch break even though I had lost my appetite, I dragged myself to the cafeteria at least it was better than sulking here alone, with a hope that maybe something set my mood right which is messed up since morning.
------------------

I entered the jam packed cafeteria. It was difficult to even move without getting dashed with someone, today it was more crowded no actually a lot more than the previous day...here I came to set my mood right but this crowd is not helping me at all.

I was about to return back to my cabin just when I heard my name being literally yelled which but obvious made me look at the direction of the voice.

I turned and after a little eye-searching i figured out it was Aryaman. He reached up to me somehow between these 'hungry like haven't eaten in days' bunch of people i could literally see him struggling to get to me.

"Hey!" he said huffing as if he ran a mile to reach me when it took hardly some steps and a few pushes here and there.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked as if he actually ran a mile.*how dumb can I be sometimes*

"yeah, wanna join we all are having lunch together"

he said, considering I didn't really had a company and it may help in getting my mind distracted I didn't had much reasons to deny, so I gave in and followed aryaman to the table where his friends were sitting not forgetting it also took us a few steps and lots of pushing to get through the hungry crowd.

"Hey guys attention everyone, this is Nandini our new senior architect she joined I guess a day or two before, also she's a friend now and Nandini these are my friends"

Aryaman said grabbing all his friends attention. All of them gave me a welcoming smile that I reflected back, it was a group of 3 boys including aryaman and 2 girls all of them appeared to be chill and for me it was good to know them after all making new friends is never bad.

My decision of coming here actually worked for me it helped me divert my mind to a great extent. After a long time I actually felt like having friends as I had been a geek my entire school and college life I never really had 'through thin and thick' kinda friendship.

Being with them today made me realize how much I have missed out on, their company was fun, with Aryaman's healthy flirting here and there, lame jokes, secret talks and some getting to know each other lunch went well. We then separated our ways so as to start with our respective works again.

I was almost done with my work for today and it was still a hour and a half left for office hours to end. I didn't feel like going home even as after lunch I was back in my sulking mood and going back home to chachi's questions is the last thing I want, I feel terrible lying to her but hell I don't have an option either.

............................

I opened my eyes only to shut it back as the bright light poked my eyes. My eyes involuntarily went towards the clock only to realize it was past office hours. The last I remember is I leaned my head on my table to rest a bit maybe that's when I fell asleep without realizing.