51: The unspoken past (A)

Nandini's pov:

                 We sat in his car in utter silence none spoke a words after the little conversation we had before leaving my house..i sat there stiff nervously fidgeting with my fingers and constantly stealing a glance of him driving, the air around never felt so awkward even back at the time when we were constantly around each others neck....

In between my secret starring is when i noticed his state, he looked worned out, tired..still in his formals with his shirt half tugged in and coat nowhere is site, his hair was messy and face blank, he gave nothing for me to predict his actions and that in turn made me more anxious..of course it's not everyday that I witness an angry and unpredictable Manik Malhotra! I sure was anxious with sweaty palms and feet yet I knew I was up for everything he has stored in for me...

I still didn't knew where we were heading too but I couldn't dare to get myself word that out to him..every passing moment terrified me a bit more, I tried suppressing the weird, scaryy thoughts that made way into my mind but couldn't help it..everytime I thought about what possibly the thing could be, I could only come up with the worst of the assumptions that would leave me petrified further if humanely possible...lemme tell you your mind is your worst enemy in situations like these...whatever it was one thing that I was sure of was that, he would never intentionally hurt me I trust him on this and this probably helped me the most to save myself from wreaking!

Still in my thoughts I never realized when the car came to a halt as an indication that we reached..I was expecting it to be some place that I merely knew existed but turns out it wasn't.. it was a place I was very much familiar with infinity...

--------

     As soon as the car was at halt without a seconds delay he left the car slamming the door shut without sparing me a single glance..I jumped on my place a little as he banged the door..without waiting for me he dashed into the office, taking it as as a clue I followed him on my heels..

Today being an off there were hardly people in and around the building the little staff present primarily included guards.

He rushed towards the elevator with me tagging along as we entered he pressed the button to the floor our cabin was on and for the first time in the entire journey from my house to the office he looked at me slowly...his eyes red, blood red and scary, scary enough to send a few chills down my spine..I still held my calm and getting myself together starred right back in his eyes trying to figure out what he was actually going through...but this time his eyes told a different story, he didn't look mad, it wasn't the anger that his eyes held rather something more deep, more intense, more dreadful, more chilling...

Hate..I felt something dying inside me just with the thought that this hate that his eyes carried was for me...I couldn't say if it actually was the way i was assuming it to be or not..but I knew I would die a thousand death if  the hate that his eyes beheld was for me...I didn't want to think this way but I also had no reason to think otherwise....

I felt my throat dry up when I tried speaking, I wasn't sure what ny next words should be but the urge to initiate conversation was inevitable..I couldn't..I couldn't frame a single sentence, he was still starring right at me with his dark, distant brown orbs..the abrupt aloofness his eyes held was alien to me and I preferred it being that way.

Before I could say anything the ping of the elevator broke our trance..he left the elevator and I followed him yet again conscious and careful about my steps, sweating all the way..I expected him to get into our cabin but I was shocked when he moved past it and stood right outside the room...

I knew at this moment that the question he mentioned about earlier were the questions of his unspoken past that I had...

I was quick in my steps so I reached him soon..I stood behind him waiting for him to lead..he unlatched the door and got in with me following his trail..as soon as we got in his entire demeanor changed, I couldn't help but notice the sudden change in him..he went ahead and switched the lights on and the room lit up it wasn't as dark as the last time I was in, the room had sufficient lights this time..