6:The first day (B)

Nandinis pov

         I was in my cabin for a long time now going through the files of the project i was so engrossed in my work that i lost the track of time. When suddenly my eyes fell on the watch in front of me that's when I realized it was already 1:25 I stood upright with a jerk and wrapped up my work as soon as I could and left the cabin grabbing my sling bad and my cell phone. I walked or you can say almost ran to his cabin and just when I was about to knock the door unbolted from inside.

And there he was with the ever so cold expression on his handsome face.
What handsome did I just say handsome? sure he was but not my kinda handsome I mean this monster can never be handsome for me atleast. I was immersed in my thoughts when I heard his 'as cold as his expressions' voice.

"Ms.murthy you are five minutes late if u think this tardiness of yours is gonna be tolerated then let me tell you, you are highly mistaken. I don't know about you but I value time a lot so next time don't expect me to wait for you,either be on time or say a goodbye to your job"

he lashed at me and walked towards the elevator. Arrogant jerk what the hell does he thinks of himself, I get it I was a bit late but that doesn't give him any right to be this rude.

Stupid, idiot, jerk... I can go on forever only if I didn't had to go. I followed him making a very bad face. We walked into the elevator and the door closed behind our back. There was utter silence inside, awkward silence.

I prayed to aiyappa for this little ride to get over asap this silence was getting to much for me to bear.
To my utter surprise the silence was broken by him.

"Ms murthy I hope you are well prepared for the meeting I don't want you to create a blunder there and make a fool out of yourself as well as me " just when I thought he will say something nice. I felt an urgent need to roll my eyes on his words and it took all of me to not do so but hell I was going to simply listen to his taunt and not reply.

"Sir you don't have to worry about that I know my job perfectly and I assure you I won't make a fool out of you"

I said controlling the sarcastic tone that I was dying to use but still couldn't stop myself as I ended repeating and stressing on the words which were partially his words.

I bet his face was worth watching after my reply but hell was I scared I won't tolerate his insulting tone every now and then. He was about to come up with another something that I am sure as hell would have made me angry but thank aiyappa that the elevator opened and he simply walked out giving me a death glare.

........................

"We are going in my car" I heard him speaking as we walked out of infinity.

"Thankyou sir but I'll manage" I said like sure! I would go with him.

" I don't take no for an answer miss murthy and I am not dying to take you with me but I have to discuss a few confidential things regarding the project so u have to come"

Before I could say anything his car reached us and he got in leaving no choice for me but to get in as well. We were busy discussing the project details half way through the journey. I must say even though I despise him as a person but his business skills and knowledge about architectural field is something to learn no wonder infinity has such big name in the country.

We were done discussing about the project yet there was a while for us to reach our destination. I was busy looking outside the glassed window and he was into his cell reading something which I think were e-mails of course what else would you expect him to do.

As Mumbai's weather is, unpredictable. It started raining out of nowhere and I am a person who loves rain like anything if I haven't mentioned before apart from stars the only thing that can cheer me up on my baddest days are rains I soo love them.

And being the excited person I am. I forgot about my surroundings and jumped a bit on my seat with a 440v smile "its raining" I said in a low yet happy voice but audible enough for the monster beside me, and suddenly I became aware of my whereabouts which made me conscious. My eyes unconsciously shifted towards him and he gave me glare which was more looked like telling me 'are u five'. Which I royally ignored and made myself busy in admiring the rain and greenery it brought with itself with a peaceful smile.

Alas!my admiring session couldn't last long as we reached our destination.
..................

We walked inside a fancy five star restaurant as we entered we were guided by someone I suppose was the manager of the restaurant he escorted us to a table which was in a much isolated part of the floor.

As we walked near I could see two men nearly in their 40's sitting, their attires were much similar to mr malhotra one with a black and the other with a blue tuxedo and one guy who seemed in his mid 20's standing next to the table.

I guess they saw us coming and all their eyes were on us which made me a bit conscious, the guy who was standing a while back made his way towards us as he saw us approaching. When he was close enough to us he said something to Mr.malhotra in a low voice but as I was standing right behind him, I could hear them.

And the next thing I heard left me in shock and I couldn't help but feel pity for his life.

Mujhe chahiye koi mere hi jaisa,

kisi behtar se meri banti hi nhi...

~gulzar

Hope you guys like it.....
And plzzzz vote if u liked and a comment would be a Cherry on top😉

-❤