90 : Home, now and always!

Was it fair? Her running away from him. Were they this weak together that when met with adversity she chose to rather sprint away from the situation than at least trying to fight for all she knows, owns the whole of her heart.

Wasn't she being biased, utterly obnoxious that under the pretense of avoiding the worse she was unapologetically stealing their right to a proper closure if not a future...and most of all, how did she think her actions will imprint on Manik. He struggled all through this, fighting wars at stretch within for what? If that only had to collapse brutally by the storm of her impulsiveness.

Chachi's words opened Pandora's box of reasoning for her that she subconsciously ignored the existence of.

Maybe...maybe there was a possibility of Manik looking at her with nothing but haunting eyes of unanswered queries, sheer disgust, or maybe raw hatred? But wouldn't she rather prefer that over knowing how in shreds she had left the person she claimed losing her heart to, all this while?

She gaped in oblivion at her parent's picture, a candid one that perfectly caught an eye lock they were indulged in. It was her most favorite memory of her parents, something that encapsulated the pure love they shared.

Like in books, she grew up reading...perfectly imperfect is what their ideal relationship looked like. With the little revere she had with them, the one that stood out was where her mother cleverly answered her childish innocence when asked what love was?
--------

    "Kanna, love is beautiful...but that never means it is easy. It just means when you have the right person by your side, the tough seems all the worth."

" But Amma, how will I know who the right person is? How did you know Appa is the right person?"

"Hmm...smart question, you will know who the right person is when he can calm you down like your Appa on days you feel ' sad sad' when he can care for you as Amma does, you remember when we went to see the sunset you told me you felt different and would want to stay a little longer and never left until it was entirely dark? You will want to stay around that person just as much...

Your this chotu heart will feel at peace when around that person. He will make you feel that you are enough...enough for him. Like the most beautiful girl that you are inside out.

When you will find someone who makes you feel all of this, he will be your personal...your home!"

-------------

     "Manik is my home Amma! He is the calm to my chaos, I crave his presence around me like the sunset I can never get enough of him...his existence assures me of my sanity. I am so sorry, in my stupidity I could have jeopardized something so serene for the both of us. Whether forever or not he deserves to be treated right, he is entitled to closure at least, and I...I deserve to try...for the one last time."

--------------------------

   " Kaha jaa rahi hai Nandu, Teri flight ka time ho raha hai bacche!"

Chachi yells pierced my ears as I ran hastily through the door yelling back and too little for an answer.

" Manik ke pass!!!"

A few steps of the marathon are all it took before I banged into a figure before me. Dashing ahead I muttered a quick apology caring less to get a satisfactory look.

Hold on. Why does this fragrance seem so akin? 

HOLY HEAVEN!!! it was the one I could stay intoxicated by for hours on a stretch.

" MANIK " just this, that's all I could utter. All the little prep about what's and why's and the coherent words rehearsed went straight down the hill at the very look of him.