62: Stunning revelations! (A)

Ps: everything in bold are manik's flashbacks about the moment as he's narrating. Happy reading!!!

----------------------------------

Manik's pov:

                 Ironic, isn't it!? How memories can be a treasure and a curse, both of which remains with you for a lifetime that no matter how hard you try, you end up entangling a part of yourself with it....they say time heals everything..but does it? Or it only burries down the scars deep within us, leaving the mark forever on the soul. That's what it did to me atleast, it scratched the years long wound that I had knowingly hid in the corners of my existence, but as I reminisced, it still had this undeniable power to shake me till the core of my being.

So much so that even a place that had been a heaven to me for past few weeks failed to bring my peace, I looked up to find nandini's confused gaze on me, it's been an hour afterall since her arrival and yet I haven't spoken a word or done anything other than laying in her lap and starring blankly at the dark blanket above, it would have been the most serene moment only if I hadn't had the haunting flashes resurfacing my memory lane..

----------
Nandini's pov:

         I stared intently at his visibly stressed demeanor, neither he said anything nor I asked. The distressing silence in the air made even the pleasant gush of winds chilling for me, he was by my side but wasn't with me. As I sat there caressing his hair softly, the unsettling urgency that his voice held when he called me an hour back asking me to come and see him dominated my thoughts, his sudden call left me anxious and thankfully so, since my family had plans for the night it wasn't much difficult for me to excuse myself form the affair. They weren't dropping home anytime soon then tomorrow evening so being here wasn't a problem.

Owing to his restless tone, I fancied a completely different scenario, the engulfing silence didn't exactly stood up to my expectations. As I reached here, he held my hand in his unusually cold ones and dragged me to the rooftop where we currently settled, the entire day has been atypical for me, the unexpected visitor knocking at my door this morning to this, I was sure of this silence to be the one before a havoc wreaking strom but I waited, waited for him to speak or maybe because a part of me wasn't prepared for the hurricane hurrying at me.

------------
Manik's pov:

       The deafening silence around was getting over our heads and so i finally decided to break it.

" tumhe pata hai usdin Aryamaan ko kuch kyu nhi mila about my past?" i urged my now dry throat to voice the words out, she looked at me fairly confused at my out of context querie, yet she nodded in denial.

" kyuki manik malhotra never existed until 5 years ago!" I spoke earning more of her attention, she stayed calm much to my astonishment with a confused nod she yearned me to go on.

" My birth name is Manik Mehra, grandson of Yashwant Mehra a known industrialist, his efforts and contribution towards the various section of society was acknowledge by many. He was pure gold for a man and that is exactly how he brought me and Avya di up, he made sure to imbibe and impart knowledge our way with his own shares of personal experience and some which were heard by him. He always taught us to be grateful for everything we have and help the needy not in a sympathetic way rather as a duty and a gesture of expressing our gratitude to the one who bestowed us with everything that we had..

He is the only reason why we didn't grow up to be a replica of my supposed parents, even after his unfortunate death his teachings remained carved in our minds and so any negativity around never had any impact on us for a very long time, after that heinous deal of Nyonika that I fortunately could stop, nothing came from her side for a really long time, I thought me giving her a piece of my mind did get the ball in my court so I didn't bother acknowledging her further doings and that being one of the first mistake I made!"