85 : Trials and tribulations.

Nandini's pov:

      " Sir, the clients are waiting we have to leave" Manik's Pa spoke disrupting our little unvoiced conversation.

With a brief assuring nod Manik dismissed him.

" Manik, calm down you have got this. Trust yourself and remember exactly why you need this deal and see how everything flows" I hushed a little pep talk to his stressed frame, he was nervous..was ought to be considering this was the one deal he was tirelessly working on. The amount of investment in every means for this deal was heavy, the external pressure of representing a bunch of people's immense hard work was burdening him too.

We were currently in infinity, waiting to be leave for Marriott where the meeting was to be held. It was going to be a long day in every aspect, for one facing Shekhawat's made it a lot more burdensome.

Days passed in a blink after our visit to Mehra mansion and before we knew, it was already time for the final showdown.
----------
Flashback:

" Manik....what have you thought about....Shekhawat's?" I spoke ruffling his hair while he layed down on my lap, my one hand entwined with his. His gaze held nowhere in particular, he still was in a fix.

The sound blaring from the speakers was intense a background score for some action sequence playing on it which Cabir was fully into but for us it remained just another sound as we hushed whispered to each other conversing lowly so as for that Racoon to not whimper and whine complaining about how much we can't get enough of each other and are not letting him watch his stupid movie in peace.

We came back from Mehra Mansion shortly after our little moment, since it was a very tiring day Cabir came up with this plan to watch a movie together for the night to distract Manik, he was aware of how much of a bizzare over thinker Manik can be I immediately agreed getting the subtle hint, none of us wanted to leave him alone not atleast with his thoughts to himself.

So here we were changed into comfy wear and watching a movie on Manik's home theater, Cabir took the bean bag while me and Manik the couch with me slouching lazily and him laying on my lap.

Although we were all together, Manik was distracted all along he hardly spoke a subtle nod a rough shrug at the most small forced smirk here and there were his only means of some communication, he was much into his thoughts all along.

I tried making some sense out of his silence but failed miserably, I was afraid of him shutting himself up so when I sensed his frame a little relaxed I popped the question up.

" I don't know Nandini...I honestly don't know....you know itne saalo se I had one single motive that I would brood on everyday...which was to destroy them, make them pay back for everything they did to di but....jab aaj maine di ki baat suni..that...she didn't want hate to be the reason why I wished to see another day, it struck me... For these past years, hate has been that strong force driving me to do everything...somewhere...somewhere Infinity ko aage bhadne ke liye bhi what was driving me more than my love for Avya di was the hate towards Shekhawat's, you know...now when I look back, I fail to see where my hate surpassed the love I had for my sister.

I now know why so many things then went wrong....tumhe pata hai Avya di kehti thi ki chahe tum kitni bhi mehnat karlo, lekin agar tumhare intentions sahi nhi hai na toh tum har cheez jeet kar bhi haar jaoge." if not completely over his idea of revenge from Shekhawat's at least he was having double thoughts about it, and that in turn made me delighted. From the time all of it reveled itself to me the notion of Manik's intense desire to make them payback hadn't quite settled right with me.

But I was too overwhelmed to tell him anything and he was already neck deep into it, his want for vengeance was far beyond for any rationality to hinder it.