2: The interview (A)

Writers pov:

        Manik with a pissed face enters his cabin as his day started on a bad note because of the happenings downstairs. He was promptly followed by his PA who was already sweating knowing his boss's angry.

"Fill me up with today's schedule" Manik said in a cold tone..

"Sssiir u have an interview to take followed by a formal lunch with our delegates of the london project and that's all for today sir" Aman said in a partially meek voice

" Leave"

As soon as his command hit graced Aman's eardrumbs he sighed thankfully for the missed tantrum.

------------
After a while the door of his cabin burst opened creating a loud thud..it was soo sudden that it startled Manik making him look towards the source of the sound, and looking at the person entering in, his impulse reaction was rolling his eyes.

And here comes the one and only person who dares to mess with Manik Malhotra *the Cabir Dhawan*

"How many times do I have to tell you knock before you enter"

Frustation lacing his tone Manik grumbled at his friend's forced habit before chosing to focus on more important things at hand.

" And how many times do I have to tell u that I won't"

With a tight lipped smile Cabir uttered.

"And come on man do you not know me tujhe aadat pad jani chahiye thi abb tak"

with that he occupied the chair opposite to Manik

Manik raised his head to spare him a glace and then said in a cold tone

"mujhe buri aadte pasand nhi aur kisi chez ki aadat padna sabse buri aadat hai"

" Yaar bus ha tu itna serious kyu ho raha hai chill maar na main mazak kar raha tha"

Ignoring his rant Manik asked still concentrating on his screen

"Why are u here Cabir?"

"If u have forgotten let me remind u even I work here remember Cabir the great Dhawan HR head "

Manik passed him a ' Oh really now!' Look making him straighten up

" On a much serious note I was here to remind you about the interview thing please look into it. We need an Architect ADSAP the team is messed up because of lack of organization and proper guidance. They are struggling to get things done" Cabir said in a serious tone

"I m looking towards it. I will take up a few interviews today don't worry we'll get an architect by tomorrow"

"Accha manik sun.." Cabir was interrupted by manik

"Only if its important Cabir I am too busy to listen to anything else" Manik said in a no nonsense tone

"Fine"

Sighing Cabir left his cabin lost in his thoughts

------------

Cabir's pov:

             Where have I lost my friend this is not the Manik I became friends with, so much has changed in these 7 years..one incident that destroyed everything, the memory of that day, still sends shivers down my spine. I know how BROKEN Manik is, that day he not only lost the people who were or he assumed were close to him but also lost himself in the darkness forever, that day changed him and forced him to be a person he never really was. It forced him to be a DEVIL a devil who cares about nothing and noone. I can't see him like this now, I can't see my friend immersing himself into the darkness more and more and all I do is sit there watching him destroy himself . I wish I get a way to get him out of it or I  hope he finds someone who can help him get out of the hell he has gotten himself into though unintentionally.