53: The first!

Manik's pov:

          Heavy...is all i felt as i went down a trip to my past...the horrifying past..i wouldn't do this ever..if not for her, Frankly i didn't had it in me to recall those ghastly memories but i also didn't want to keep this part of my life from her..i was somewhere reluctant to reveal this side of my story to her, i wanted to protect her, her innocence from this cruelty..i knew it would leave a harsh impact on her...but on the way to Denmark when my mind wandered on our journey till here all i could point at was how strong and steady she has been all the while...

From the befitting reply to me during the interview or when i had my nightmare...she calms me down and  tames me as well..that was when i realized how wrong i have been in judging her all the while..i thought of her to be a innocent lame but she's a wild tigress..she knows when to step back and when exactly to pounce..she is not weak and she never was..she had every right to know about my past now..and if i don't do it right now, I'll be hurting her and that would be the last thing i would want..so i decided to uncover my past to her once i get done with the denmark thing..one more reason was that, deep down i knew if someone can get me through my past it was only her....

Right now i was up after a small nap, still laying in her arms resting on her chest, i tilted my head a little to have a clearer view of her face as she slept with those tiny frowns..i smiled a little at myself feeling her fingertips in my hair figuring she slept while ruffling them....i looked at her with eyes filled with softness as i recalled the way she handled me..she held me throughout, her arms had the warmth that i needed the most, her eyes had the trust that i craved for..

At the time of my despair she is my hope...i did not realize that she was awake until i felt her fingerstips moving softly ruffling my hair..she smiled at me a small yet dazzling smile make me reflect back the same..

------

Nandini's pov:

                     my slumber broke and as i fluttered my eyes open i saw him looking at me i smiled at him to which he gladly returned..

" fine!?" i asked him in a soft voice, ruffling his hair...

" was never better!" he replied in a slightly hoarse tone..we still were cuddled up and none want to part so we stayed that way..smiling at each other..

" thankyou...nandini for being there when i.." after a short silence i heard him speaking softly..

" I'll always!" i interrupted, giving him a small smile..i didn't intend to but my voice came out a little more deep and intense which lead to an intense eye lock between us..i felt his eyes to be holding a different kind of admiration today, they looked..very..very intense...he was letting me see through them something that hasn't  happened before...

His eyes though intense but hand a tint of softness in them, we kept our eyes locked for a long time before he broke it only to come a bit closer to my face and soon enough he was deadly close to me, i swear when i say i could feel my erratic heart beat feeling him close to me like never before....i could feel my stomach churn at just the thought of where this will land us, my cheeks sure would be covered with a hint of red as i could feel them getting warmer.

He caressed my left cheek with his right palm and used his other arm to balance himself making sure he wasn't putting much of his wait on me..my hands slowly travelled to his chest and i rested them there with my plams flat on his chest..he came more closer covering the almost negligible distance between our lips and i closed my eyes waiting for his lips to land on mine..

I didn't knew whether it was a right time or place for it or not and honestly i didn't care what i cared was that it was with him and that's the only thing that mattered..we both have been apart for a long time both emotionally and physically maybe this was something that we both craved for deep in our hearts..i maybe this was something we needed more than anything right now..right now if anyone could sooth our inner turmoils it was us....