44: Digging in!

Nandini's pov:

As i moved in further with slow and steady steps the sight that i witnessed left me spellbounded..it was a compact room as compared to the other cabin's of infinity...the three walls that enclosed the small space had these pictures of a gorgeous young lady hung on them..like a lot of pictures...the wall infront of me had this huge frame of her's..in that picture she had a beautiful smile wore, she looked like an epitome of beauty..her long hairs resting perfectly..her almond shaped eyes that screemed innocence..her skin tone was looked perfectly beautiful on her and that indian aatire she had on made her look incredibly ravishing..

I couldn't help but adore this only made me curious to look around, as i moved my gaze slowly around just to witness more pictures her..every little expression of her's was captured..i was amazed with every thing that i saw..i slowly moved towards the picture tracing my hand on it and the others too..as i did so, i came across a competitively darker part of the room, the light here fell almost negligible making it impossible for me to see anything..

I still couldn't stop myself from exploring the same and so, i took two more steps into the darkness and when i was about to take the third one i almost tripped, but thankfully managed to save my bones as i held onto the table nearby...

"thank God!! But what the hell was that!" i whispered to myself keeping my palm on my hand, signing in relief, i bent down a little, to see what was the thing that i stumbled on and to make sure i keep it at a safer distance to not trip on it again..

Frankly i was expecting it to be some stone or something but i was stunned to find it to ba a file..suspiciously i picked it up and stood back again..
I came by at a more illuminated spot curious to have a look into the file..i was kind off hoping to find anything related to this girl and soo without wasting a second more i decided to flip through the file but before i could do so..i heard a few footsteps, i wouldn't have an impulse reaction otherwise but considering i am doing something that i am not supposed too..i freaked out and the file sliped out and BOOM..

It fell down creating a loud noise and i knew i managed to grab the unwanted attention..even though i soo wanted to stay in but i knew escaping would be the best thing to do..because if it turns out to be manik everything will be ruined..

"mujhe bahar jana hoga magar kaise!" i said to myself as i knew there's only one way out which i cannot take for obvious reasons and this room being compact i couldn't hide either..

I could feel my heart palpitating at much faster rate, i was preparing myself for the worst when...the approaching footsteps came to a halt..with furrowed, confused brows slowly and carefully i walked towards the door making sure my steps are cautious..i didn't wanted to get myself in anymore trouble..

I almost stuck my ear to the door to see if i could hear anything and i did..i could hear some whispers, that gave me little courage to peep out..i stealthily snuck my head and i could see someone's back a few steps away from the door, it was quite an easy guess that the back belonged to manik and he was in conversation with someone but i couldn't figure out who as he was completely covered by manik's frame..and in this situation i didn't really had any heart whatsoever to know who that person was, actually it was kind off an advantage for me..

Taking it as a chance, i gathered the little courage inside me and taking a deep breath i opened the door a little more Just enough to sneak my petite frame out which i did, thankfully my clumsy ass was on my side today!

Once i was out i slowly closed the door behind, just as i did and turned around, he did too..he was clearly startled seeing me emerging out of nowhere..

" tum yaha kya kar rahi ho..matlab u weren't here few minutes ago!" he said, confusion all over his face..

" voh..main ring dhud rahi thi meri..it accidentally slipped out of my hand" i said trying my best to look confident enough..