I. Happy H

This ones actually for Jsysparky because every time I tell you that I have zero motivation to write, I end up sitting down on my bottom a few days later and write stuff :D

//

"Am I late?"

"Just by an hour."

"So sorry", Brett rushed out, "I am so sorry, I know I confirmed 3pm, but my car broke down and then my cat got sick and there were so many people at the vet and just when I was about to leave my work called and..."

"Mate, don't worry", Eddy opened the door wider, "just get in. Brett was it?"

"Yeah. Thanks."

"Eddy."

"Lovely to meet you."

They shook hands and awkwardly stood in the hallway for a moment. Until Eddy cleared his throat.

"You wanna see the place first or would you maybe fancy a drink?"

"Tea would be great."

"I have coffee?"

"Just as well."

Eddy lead the way to the living room with the open kitchen and showed him the downstairs bathroom on the way.

"There is a study down here as well. I don't really use it."

"So, is that the room that is up for rent?", Brett asked and tried to get another peek in the hallway to make out the door to the study.

"Oh no, that one's upstairs. It's really more of a library. Very boring. I'll show you later but there is really no need to be in there."

"How long have you been living here then?", Brett asked and thanked the other for the cup of coffee he got handed. He noticed a movement to his side but when he turned his head, he couldn't see anything.

"My parents gave me a bit of money when I was 18. For whatever reason, I decided to buy this house."

"Huh, that's not very typical for an 18 year old."

"It's not", Eddy smiled and sipped on his coffee, "how old were you again?"

"Um", Brett cleared his throat, "28."

"That's cool! I'm 27, so we're nearly the same age."

A weak smile creeped its way onto Brett's face.

"How fitting", he replied, "have you had many people applying for the room?"

"Plenty, yeah. I am a bit picky though. I think it's just so important that we get along."

"So true! My current roommates stinks, has no sense of humour and constantly has sex with girls on the couch in our living room."

"At night?"

"No", Brett creased his forehead thoughtfully, "mostly around the time I get home after work. Nearly always, actually. Solid four out of five work days."

"My condolences", Eddy chuckled,

"Why did your last housemate move out?", Brett distractedly asked, looking past Eddy towards the kitchen.

"Oh um, we just had our differences."

"Hm", Brett hummed in response and turned his gaze back towards Eddy.

"What are you looking for in a housemate then?"

"Well, it'd be great if you have a general sense of cleanliness. If the dishes have been dirty for a week, cleaning them would be a great idea."