Leiser - Healing

a/n: I can't English today....

/

Surprisingly, the first couple of days felt like the silence after a storm. More normal than Eddy expected. Although he didn't knew what he was meant to expect.

Brett needed to stay for an additional day at the hospital, doctors and social workers making sure that he was fit and stable to leave.

Eddy stayed by his side the entire time. Even when it came to the second night at the hospital, he stayed put. Brett tried to argue with him to go home but he could see that his heart wasn't really in it, so he sat on the end of Bretts bed until the other fell asleep and then moved onto the chair in the corner.

They both were still in the clothes they wore the previous night, except for Brett, who had gotten a different shirt off the nurses.

The night was unsettling for both of them. Eddy couldn't really sleep in the chair and if he did, he woke up shortly after and had to reassure himself that Brett was still there.

Brett slept more, the events and the roofies tiring his body out but occasionally, his eyes where open when Eddy woke up or he was very obviously just laying in bed with his eyes closed but not really sleeping.

At 5am, they both gave up and just waited for the doctor to clear Brett to go. On the last of Eddys battery, they were watching some stuff on Youtube, squeezed into the bed next to each other and Eddy was delighted that Brett had no qualms to be close to him again. For the moment at least.

Bleary eyed and tired, they got into the car around 10am. The nurses asked them to stay longer to organise shoes for Brett but the other declined, he just wanted to get the hell out and walked off in socks, Eddys jackets over his new tshirt.

Only when they turned into Eddys road, did he wonder if he should have asked Brett if he wanted to go to his own home.

But Brett didn't say anything against it, he just got out of the car and waited for Eddy to open the door for them.

He unlocked it and the first thing he did was to go to his closet and grab a whole set of clothing for Brett, comfy stuff, sweatpants, shirt, hoodie and the softest towel he could find. He pushed the whole pile into Bretts hands who had just followed him without thinking much about it and now stood in the middle of the room, awkwardly, not knowing what to do with himself.

"Take a bath or a shower or whatever you want. Are you hungry?"

Eddy had gotten them food out of the hospital canteen the previous day but neither of them had liked it.

"I don't really know", Brett said, looking a bit lost when he stared at the clothing.

"I'll just make something and then we'll go from there."

For a second, Eddy wondered if he sounded condescending. He couldn't help himself but talk softly to Brett, handle him with care.

Starring at his fridge, he decided on simple eggs, he had some bread frozen in the freezer that he could toast. He also put some cereals and milk on the table as well though, hoping that either one would be something the other liked. In one of his cupboard he found some cookies and chocolate and just put it out as well.

He made tea and coffee and put a bottle of water down and threw on some music, classic even.

So what Brett greeted in the kitchen was a table full of food and an Eddy that looked up and studied him.

Brett looked more alive, more fresh, the shower did him good.

The clothes were obviously hanging off him since they weren't his size but Eddy wondered if Brett might have lost weight. It wouldn't come as a surprise to him.