Put A Little Love On Me

„Do you want me to fly over or do you want to come down this time?"

"Um..", Eddy tried to come up with a response that didn't sound as desperate as he felt when he looked into his empty fridge.

"Would you mind coming to Brissy maybe? I have a ... thing and I don't really want to leave."

"Sure", Brett said at the other end of the line, "let me just", Eddy could hear paper rustling, "I have a couple of concerts, but I'll probably be able to come up in two weeks. I'll text you the exact dates after I looked at flights. Sounds cool?"

"Yeah", Eddy cleared his throat, closing the fridge door, "cool."

"What else is going on?"

"Not much", Eddy said neutrally, leaning his forehead against the fridge.

"Are you guys not scheduled to play Mahler 5 or something?"

"Yeah, but they didn't call me in for too many dates."

"Oh, too bad. It'll be better with the next one."

"Hopefully."

"Eddy?"

"Hm?"

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

He really wasn't.

/

He should have expected that this wasn't the lowest point yet but he must have been too naïve or too hopeful to realise.

It didn't matter though, because when the eviction notice came, it took him by surprise. He cursed for a good half hour, slamming cupboards before the realisation actually hit.

Eddy had three days before he was homeless.

Fuck.

Big fat fucking fuck.

And obviously, in that moment, his phone rang.

At first he wanted to ignore it, knowing full well that he couldn't cope with anyone right now but then he saw that it was Brett and goddamn, he already declined three other calls from him earlier. He really should pick up.

"Really bad time", was what he said.

"Hello to you too sunshine."

He could basically see Brett's raised eyebrows in front of him.

"Sorry, mate", Eddy tried to compose himself, "anything you need?"

"Well, first I just wanted to let you know when I am coming. Which would be Monday, by the way. But now", he could hear Brett taking a breath, "now that you ignore my calls I am getting worried and want to know what's going on."

"Nothing's going on", Eddy mumbled.

He did feel very pathetic, leaning against the kitchen counter, looking at the shambles that were his life.

"Eddy", there was a new tone in Bretts voice, "are you ok?"

"Of course", Eddy took a deep breath, gliding down along the counter, settling on the floor, "I just had a bad day. Bad week, actually."

"Hm."

Brett didn't sound like he believed him.

"Do you want me to pick you up on Monday?", Eddy asked, although he didn't really meant it.

"No need, my brother will get me but thanks for offering."

"Ok."

"Eddy?"