The One that Got Away - Bonus Bonus Challenge

I was drunk and I did a thing.

Probs to gytha_bagshot

/

2 years and 3 month prior

„Oh, I am getting picked up", Eddy exclaimed excited, spotting Brett by the exit doors of the arrival hall of the airport, casually dressed in skinny jeans and sweatshirt, car keys in hands.

He hasn't seen Eddy yet, so the other just enjoyed the view in front of him, Brett leaning against the wall, scanning the crowd.

And then he saw him and Eddy melted at the smile that spread over Bretts face. He walked faster and with one swift motion, he dropped his bag and pulled Brett towards him. Eddy could feel the smile against his neck where Brett was pressing a soft kiss on his skin.

"What a service", Eddy grinned and pulled away, so he could look into Bretts face.

"Dropped the kids off at school and saw that it was nearly time for your plane. Thought I'd try and see if I can catch you."

"It's a nice surprise."

Brett picked up his bag and then grabbed his hand to pull him outside.

"How was London?"

"Bloody cold" , Eddy moaned and as if one cue, stretched his head towards the sun when they stepped outside and walked to the parking lot.

Brett snickered.

"Welcome back then. What do you want to do?"

"Sleep, maybe", Eddy contemplated when he got into the passenger seat, "Although we could use the time. How long are the children at school?"

"Well, it's only 8am."

"Good. I need a drink."

The elder had thought his partner was joking but it turned out that he really wasn't when he got out a bottle of prosecco from their storage.

"What are we celebrating?", Brett laughed, but didn't protest too much when Eddy poured him a glass as well. It was still hours away until he had to pick up the kids from school again.

"Well, us obviously. I could celebrate you every day, you're a gift to this world", Eddy waggled his eyebrows at him, which made Brett laugh straight out. And blush a little, "but London Phil also asked me to come and play with them for two to three weeks every season."

"Eddy!", Brett looked at him with astonishment, glass in hand, leaning against the kitchen isle, "That's amazing!"

He surged forward and pressed a firm kiss onto Eddys lips. The other looked delighted.

"I thought so too. Maybe next time you lot can come along, we make a family holiday out of it."

"Aww, love", Brett kissed him again, knowing full well how much it was worth for a rotating soloist to be asked to come again in the next season and how honoured Eddy must feel.

Eddy closed the arm that was not holding a glass, around Bretts shoulders and pressed him closer, Brett willingly leaning his body against his.

They took their glasses and the bottle and just went upstairs to bed.

It took too long for Brett to realise that the prosecco was buzzing more through his veins than he had expected. Or did he not expect for the hours to pass this quickly? He couldn't really tell anymore but all of a sudden, it was lunch time and the bottle was empty and they were in bed and life was perfect.