II. It's Not Unusual To Be Loved By Anyone

Hi peeps 😊

I hope you all enjoyed the first part of it!

Some of you may have noticed but this is all set in the universe of the Handmaids Tale. Just to give you an idea where we are 😊

Thanks to GetGinxed! Send her some love to her side of the planet :)

Have fun!

//

Brett was not going to lie, he was scared as fuck.

When that door closed on him, locking out his two favourite people on earth, all his energy left him.

"You shouldn't have tried to leave the country," that one officer said to him, the one that had been an arsehole the whole time, "it's not looking good for you son."

"You would have done the same thing," Brett just replied.

"According to your chart, you already got a written warning. Which means they might make this into an actual felony."

He should, but Brett couldn't find it in him to care. What did it matter now anyway.

"When can I go?"

"You will need to get picked up."

"Can I call my father then?"

"Not by your father. Your new alpha is going to pick you up."

All Brett could do was stare at him.

And then he considered how much of a chance he had to find a window to jump out of. Everything inside of him revolted against the mere idea of a new alpha.

He had an alpha.

He had Eddy.

His Eddy.

"What if I don't want that."

"Have you not understood yet? It's not about what you want, omega."

And that was that. And so Brett waited.

/

Even if he would have ever considered dating someone else (he didn't), he wouldn't even know what to look for in a new mate. He was 28 years old, a music teacher, an omega, had a child and an undoubtedly strong-willed character. He did not cave, he didn't like to follow orders and he saw no reason why he needed to be the one who had to stay at home. No one had ever been willing to put up with him.

Until he had met Eddy. Eddy had been the perfect match. The alpha he never thought even existed.

An alpha, that could never be replaced.

So, the girl walking in some two hours later already stood no chance, because Brett refused to cooperate in any way.

She was pretty, he had to give her that and he tried to assess as much of her as possible.

Clearly, she wasn't intimidated by the odd circumstances they found themselves in.

"That's him, I presume?" she asked an officer at the door.

"Yup, that's the one. You're signing here and take him with you or do you need a second to talk to him first?"

"I'll just sign it," and then she turned to Brett, "come on, little omega. Let's go."

If there was one thing he really detested was people calling him by his gender. He wasn't a pet and they weren't at the zoo.

He still followed her but always kept a couple of feet behind her.