Cute

„What are you doing?"

Brett leaned in the doorframe of their bedroom, staring at Eddy who turned around with a quick spin, face lighting up red immediately, like a child getting caught stealing candy.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?"

Brett raised an eyebrow and leaned his full body weight against the doorframe now, watching.

"Yes. Nothing."

"Hm", Brett hummed, scanning Eddy all over, "looks a bit small on you that Musician jumper."

"No."

"No?"

Really, Brett had to stifle a laugh. He was quite sure that this was not Eddys own jumper. It was a bit too small. Eddys shoulders filled it out too much and the sleeves cut off before his wrists.

"Because the way I see it, you are wearing my jumper."

Eddy gasped at him.

"I am not."

With a laugh, Brett pushed himself away from the door and came closer.

"Stop being an idiot", he chided and leaned forward to press a quick peck on Eddys lips, "why are you wearing my jumper?"

"No reason."

Eddy didn't look him in the eye.

"Can I get it back then?"

"No!", Eddy nearly snapped and Brett had to chuckle in delight.

"Why not?"

"Because I am wearing it."

"It doesn't fit."

"So what?"

"Eddy, love, what are you on about?", Brett really couldn't help himself but laugh again, laying a comforting hand on Eddys upper arm. Who was pouting.

"Why did you put it on?"

And then, Eddy broke, because he could never keep anything to himself anyway.

"I just wanted to look cute, ok?!"

"Look cute?", Brett questioned, "you are cute."

"I don't want to be cute, I want to look cute."

Brett was lost. What?

"Wearing my jumper makes you look cute?"

"Yes. No. Well", Eddy collected himself, accepting the arms that Brett circled around his torso, his partners questioning eyes looking up to him, "it always makes you terribly cute. Wearing my clothes that is."

Bretts entire face lit up.

"You think I look cute when I wear your stuff?"

"Terribly cute. The cutest", Eddy dipped down quickly to push another quick peck onto Bretts lips, "you always look really cuddly and comfy and happy. Very cute. I want to look cute too."

"Well", Brett started, snickering again, but not letting go of Eddy, pulling him closer instead, "I'm afraid my clothes look like they shrank on you. That's cute as well."

"That's not the same!", Eddy exclaimed and threw his arms up. He carefully loosened the hold Brett had on him and pushed him down onto the bed and went back to their closet.

"Surely, there is something in here that'll make me look cute."

Brett really tried, he even held his hand in front of his mouth, but another laugh escaped him.

"Oh Eddy", he sighed, a smile spread over his entire face, "you don't even realise that you are cute in everything you do."

"Everything?"

"Well, sometimes naughty too, when we do sexy stuff."

"Oh look", Eddy ignored him completely and pulled Bretts cow onesie out of the closet, the one his younger brother had gotten him as a joke but he never ever wore. And before Brett could stop him, Eddy shred his trousers and the jumper and rushed into the onesie and really, how in the world was this legal.

Brett nearly cried tears laughing.

"Cute ay?", Eddy asked, waggling his eyebrows.

"Terribly cute", Brett supplied, but still with a hand in front of his face, trying to not show his delight too much.

"And from the back?", Eddy turned around and waggled his butt, the tail of the cow swinging left and right. Brett burst out laughing again.

"Still cute, but it's getting weird", he admitted, swiping some of the tears out of his eyes.

Eddy turned back to him, a grin on his face as well and lovingly, Brett looked up from his sitting position on the bed.

He smiled in content when Eddy started to pull faces at him again to make him laugh more.

"Marry me", he sighed, his eyes locked on Eddy in the cow onesie.

"What?"

"What?"

Eddy had froze immediately and looked at him in shock. Brett could only gape.

Did he just say that?

"Did you just...?"

"I didn't mean to. I mean", there was so much blood rushing to his face all of a sudden, "I mean. Oh god, come here", Brett waved him over and Eddy, numb as he felt, just sat down to his feet, looking up to Brett.

Carefully, Brett lifted the cow hood from Eddys head and cupped his face with one hand. Looking him in the eyes, that loving expression clearly written all over his face, scanning Eddys, looking for hints.

"I didn't meant to say that now, but I mean it. God, Eddy, you total goof, I don't think you realise how much I love you."

"Brett, are you serious?"

At that, Brett had to laugh again, but there were also tears in his eyes, not the ones from laughing, the actual ones, the ones that come from all the feelings that always swell in the pit of his stomach when he looks at Eddy.

"Yes. I'm so serious. The most serious. Marry me, Eddy. Let's do it, god, I can't imagine it any other way."

"Fuck", Eddy exclaimed, his eyes wide open but then he surged forward and nearly crushed Brett on the bed.

"Yes!", he shouted in his partners face and then crushed their lips into a forceful kiss.

Brett just locked his hands in Eddys neck, pulling him as close as possible.

And so they lay, Eddy in a cow onesie, smothering Bretts face, who could only laugh again.

Yeah, he could imagine the rest of his life being like that.