Something Inbetween

a/n: the most unneccesary fic of all times 

/

First Month

„That's it! I am becoming a prostitute!"

At the same time Brett shut his laptop close with force, he heard a glass dropping in the kitchen.

"I didn't mean that!", he shouted to the other room.

"Glad to hear", Eddy mumbled dryly so that Brett could barely hear it.

"Sorry", Brett said sheepishly when Eddy came into the living room, two plates with pasta in hand.

„Good to know what I can expect in the future."

"You don't even know half of it", Brett whined, "it's not fair. You had a job immediately, whereas me and my excellent education are dusting away."

"Stop being a baby, you'll find something."

"You'll find something, says the engineer student, who got a job offer from BMW before graduation."

"What did you say?"

"Nothing."

Grumbling, Brett just took the plate off Eddy and they turned on Netflix.

/

"And in all that busy free time you have all day, you could not once bother to empty the dish washer?"

Exasperated, Eddy stood in front of Brett who was, and where else would he be, lounging on the couch, belly up.

"I really was busy, I don't know how the day flew by like that."

He meant that. All he remembered was getting up around 10am, making himself breakfast and watching some news and then it was 12pm, he opened his laptop, searched for some jobs, was frustrated that nothing new was in there and watched two episodes of Narcos and then all of a sudden, it was late afternoon and Eddy came home.

"You're impossible", Eddy said but had to smile at the sight in front of him.

"Shall we order some take out?"

Brett hesitated to answer. They already had ordered take out a couple of times this week and Brett knew that his budget for this week was running low.

"I can cook something for us."

They always had stuff laying around, but more often than not, they were just too lazy make it.

"Nah, I am in the mood for Chinese. My treat."

Brett was still bummed out but Eddys warm smile over their Chinese food made up for it.

Second Month

Brett: Imagine that, they are saying its entry level but expect three years of work experience

Brett: we really need to do grocery shopping

Brett: Look at this outrageous job ad! They request a masters degree and two years of work experience but only pay minimum wage!

Brett: did you notice that the bedroom door is squeaking?

Brett: dude, the new episode of Narcos sooo good

Brett: sry for watching it without you

Brett: Can you buy milk on your way home?

Brett: And a snickers?