what an inconvenience

„I am just sick of it."

"I know. Doesn't mean you have to let everyone else be miserable with you."

And yeah, he got that. His moodiness was vibrating off him and he didn't do neither of them any favours by whining the entire time. He could feel Eddy getting annoyed as well.

"Sorry, bro", he yelled after him when Eddy left him and their bags on a bench to grab some snacks but all he got as a response was a flipped bird.

With a deep breath, he closed his eyes and tried to calm down. He was tired and stressed and he knew it was going to be a long journey and also tiresome and they just did so much work recently and did he mention already that he was tired? Every time he tells himself to never book that early morning flight again but then, oh boy, every damn time they fell into the temptation of saving those $300 difference. And off it goes, alarm at 3am, heading to the airport around 4am, hanging around and queueing at the check-in counter because even the airline crew was just starting their day and then the security queue at 7am with all the other tired people and then it's 8am, you're at the gate but it feels like an entire day has passed already.

"Hey."

Brett startled. Apparently, he nearly fell asleep. Goddammit. Those damn early morning flights.

Eddy was handing him a coffee. A nice, warm, creamy Caramel Cappuccino and Brett knew it was to lighten his mood and he was thankful.

"You're welcome", Eddy said before his friend could even say anything, who was too busy warming his not-cold hands on the coffee cup, mostly just enjoying the general feeling of it.

"Ta", Brett said and just leaned his head on Eddys shoulder, after the other sat down, and closed his eyes again.

"Don't sleep", Eddy warned, already eyeing the staff members at the counter, who looked ready for a round of announcements.

"We're not gonna board for another trillion years. I betcha, we're the last boarding group."

Brett didn't bother opening his eyes while talking.

"You can't know that."

"I do."

Because, they're always in the last group. It doesn't seem to matter where they sit or which seat zone is on their boarding pass, they always board last. It's as if the airlines just knew that they were young and healthy boys who could wait longer. But Brett couldn't, he just wanted to succumb in his seat, put his headphones on and try to stop being a functional member of human society for the duration of their flight.

The first announcement was made and Eddy nearly jumped up out of reflex, but Brett just dragged him down again with a hand on his shirt, his head never having left Eddys shoulder.

"'s not our group anyway." And yes, ok, maybe he was right. First and Business Class first. Then people with children and disabilities. Then group C and D. And then C and D and E. Eddy tripled checked that yes, they were group F but it seemed ridiculous, nearly no one was left at the Gate before the final call for group F finally came.

Brett, still moody, slurped the last bits of his cappuccino before disposing the cup and grabbed the majority of their things while Eddy just grabbed his backpack and held onto Brett to pull him to the queue as fast as possible. As if the plane would leave without them. More queueing before entering the plane. To be fair, Brett knew he was being unreasonable but they were still at the beginning of their nearly 26h journey and he already hated every second of it.

"Time to just move to a different continent", he grumbled, while closing his eyes again and just leaning his head against Eddys back, who was standing in front of him while they waited in the jet bridge to get on the plane. He was so tired.