I. Nurse Maggy

Nurse Maggy has been on the paediatric station for nearly eleven years now and she truly loved her job. The patients were tiny and certainly didn't complain as much as the adults, the doctors were mostly cute and all her colleagues were lovely.

Most of them were in her age but the new nurse on their station was different, a pure doll in her eyes, a smashing young man with a funny character and a heart made out of pure gold, being an absolute star with the children.

Well, maybe she should stop considering him new, he had been with them for three years now, but he felt like a second son to him, so she couldn't help it.

Brett was his name and they were currently both trying to calm down a crying five year old, whose mother had to leave for work.

"There, there", Brett said, tugging on her pigtails, "how about you become my assistant today, huh? I need someone to help all the other kids. I certainly couldn't do it by myself and I think you are the only one up for the job."

Nurse Maggy looked with delight at the small girl, who was now watching Brett with big eyes and all of a sudden, was willing to get dressed and grabbed his hand quickly.

She could see them making their rounds into the different rooms, Brett's soft voice carrying through the thin walls.

But then she got distracted by one of the doctors from the surgical station approaching the desk.

"You're day dreaming again, Maggy", he cheekily chided her with a grin.

"Don't you dare, Dr. Chen, I can dream as much as I want. Here is your file", she handed him the papers for their little patient in room 8, who was due for a simple surgery on the next day.

"Oh, look, we have an almighty visitor."

Brett appeared next to the counter, little Lily still in his hand, smiling at the young doctor.

"Who do we have here then?", Dr. Chen leaned down and looked at the girl, "Looks like you're doing great Lils, how are you feeling?"

"I am becoming a nurse!", she nearly yelled in his face and Dr. Chen laughed in joy.

"Good on you", he smiled at her, "I'll stop by later again and then we can see if you can go home tomorrow. Sounds alright?"

"Yes please", she looked at him with her big eyes.

"Until then, be a good nurse in practice and help Nurse Brett. He possibly couldn't survive without you."

Brett scoffed.

"Cheeky", he replied and rolled his eyes at Dr. Chen.

"Careful about cheekiness", the doctor replied and Brett only winked back at him before he continued his round with Lilly in tow.

Maggy sighed.

She thought that those two had a very nice friendship. Dr. Chen has been working in the hospital for five years now and she had seen him growing to a confident surgeon and well-mannered human.

Maggy's son had told her about 'shipping'.

Since she knew what that meant, she couldn't help but 'ship' Brett with Dr. Chen. They would be a rather aesthetically pleasing couple.

Too bad Dr. Chen has been married since even before he started working at their hospital.

Oh well.

She could still dream a little, couldn't she?

/

The 15-year old boy in room 4 was a rather difficult case for their entire station. He was suffering from a rare form of cancer and after extensive chemotherapy, they were hoping to remove a tumour on his spine.