Ch - 42 "Haunt"

"We are not haunted by the dead,
We are haunted by the living
And the graveyard of memories
They leave in our hands."

~ Nikita Gill

Part 42

Angel's Pov

After talking to Kate, I felt really relaxed and went back to blaize, thank God Bryan wasn't there anymore.

"Hey, great you are here. The client's are about to come, can you help me in settling this mess" Blaize asked as he tried to find papers among the file mess on his table.

I smiled and walked to his mahogany table. "Blaize, this table is very big and still you make a mess of it," I said with a giggle.

I looked at Blaize to see he was looking at me. He put his palm under his chin and hand rested on the table.

"Come here" he whispered and I shook my head. "No, your clients are about to come" he sighed and held my hand then pulled me to him again.

"Blaize don't," I said, making my voice harsh and he grinned at my failed attempt to scold him.

"Well I can teach you, if you allow me" He whispered and stood up. He pulled me up and made me sit on his desk. "Will you?" My voice was stuck in my mouth as he trailed kisses from my cheeks and down to my neck.

"I really hate to ruin this romantic scene but the clients are here" I jerked at Adrian's voice. God, how much embarrassment would I have to face.

I blushed deep red and buried my face in his chest. I heard him sighed and he hugged me tightly.

"He's gone" Blaize said and I looked up at him, more like glared at him.

"I told you blaize but you didn't listen"

He chuckled and kissed my cheeks. "Well, no one can take my right to love my wife" he winked and took his files then went out of the office.

My heart beat got faster again hearing him saying love. Does he love me? Really? Like before?

The thought was enough to make me the happiest person alive.

I hopped down from the table and checked my cream color dress for any crease and had my hair in a high ponytail.

After taking my notebook I went to conference room 2 for the meeting. As I entered, there were two people whose back turned to me.

Declan and Kyle were also here with Bryan and Adrian. They all sat on the opposite side of clients with Kate.

Blaize was still standing, maybe waiting for me because when he saw me, he called me to him. I smiled and went to his side.

I noticed that I forgot to take any pen with me, "so people, she is my wife and our secretary, Angelina Hughes Williams, and sweetheart, it's Mr Aaron Parker and his wife Mrs Clara Parker."

My whole body froze when I heard their name. I looked up at them and they had the same expression as me. Shocked.

I really don't know what I should do, should I hug her? Apologise to them or just run away. Last option seemed much better.

"Angel? it's Angel, Aaron did you see that?" Clara said with tearful eyes. She ran to me and hugged me tightly, "Oh my god angel, you are here, you are here" I don't want my past to Haunt me again but destiny keeps throwing parts of it in my way to make me remember again and again.

She untangled herself from me and looked up, "I really don't know what to ask first, but it's been so many years angel" I looked around and everyone was looking at us with confusion except Kate who eyes as widened as saucers.

I looked at Blaize, I knew he had so many questions with the look he was giving. I don't know how I will answer them. "Uhm, we.. we should start the meeting"

Clara was very surprised at how I completely ignored her and I hate myself too for that.

Blaize nodded and I took a seat beside Adrian. The meeting started and I didn't write even a single alphabet.

I wandered to what I did. I know Clara and Aaron had no fault in it but still their presence makes me believe that he will come back.

In Paris, when they came to meet me in hospital, I was really scared because they were his family. I keep telling myself that they mean no harm but I couldn't stop the memories that haunted me just by looking at their face.

It's not Clara who did anything wrong, it's the memories that come back with her Haunt me.

I decided to let go of my past to start a new beginning with blaize but can I do it now? Now that I saw Clara and Aaron back, the memories are as fresh as the scars on my soul.

I know I'm very very wrong to do this to Clara and Aaron, they treated me like their sister and what I did, ran away from them.

But then is it my fault? Running away from everything that reminds you of the dark past you have, is it wrong to do?

"Hey you Okey?" What will I do now if he also comes back?

I jerked up as I felt someone touch my shoulder. I gulped and looked at Blaize who was giving me worried looks.

"What happened? You okay?" He asked again and I nodded unknowingly.

"I .. I don't feel good, I. . I. Want..want to go home" I said ignoring Aaron and Clara. I'm such a bad girl to do this to them.

"Come, I'll take you home," He said, pulling me out of the conference room and entering the lift.

I hugged him so tightly, "Hey, it's okay, everything will be good" he murmured in ears and carried me in bridal style to his car. This time I didn't stop him.

I wanted to forget everything, I wanted to move on, I wanted to live peacefully and happily after with blaize but can't stop the memories that still Haunt me and keep pulling me into the darkness.

.

.

.

________________________

Author's Note

Hope you guys like it.

Please vote, comment and share. <3.