Ch - 36 "Broken"

"She dipped her wings in ink to cover up her scars, and wrote her story in the sky, her words lit up like stars."

~  Christy Ann Martine 

Part 36

Blaize's Pov 

"Please wake up Angel, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" I said holding her left hand. 

We are now in our family hospital and she still hasn't opened her eyes yet. 

Her right ankle and hand got plastered for two weeks and she won't be able to walk or use her right hand for at least two weeks. 

Her right cheek has a huge purple bruise, Bryan showed us the video of that guard hitting her too and I instantly told my team to take him with Morris. Just his name was enough to boil my blood. 

Lacey didn't join us in flight, and I clearly know why. I was about to tell my team to take her too but Adrian stopped me. He said we don't manhandle a girl and he is true in that case so we all made a plan to show her what she deserves. 

Adrian is working on that plan with Bryan and I am staying with Angel until she wakes up. 

No one can imagine how guilty and ashamed I am that I didn't trust her. I should have listened to her at least.  I shouldn't have even let her go to that club. I knew she didn't like to go to such places, I knew everything and yet I didn't take care of her. 

I promised Layla that I'll take care of her daughter and I'm failing in it miserably. 

But not anymore, yes not anymore, now I'll be her shield, no one will ever be able to touch her or hurt her. I'll protect her with everything I have.

Yesterday, looking at her condition, seeing her almost die made me realise that I couldn't live without her now. I realise how much I love her. I still can do anything for her. She is my life, my heart, my destiny, My Angel. 

I'm ready to let go of her past, I'm ready to forgive her for everything. I'm ready to make her mine for eternity. I won't ever ask her about her past, I will accept her as she is. I will love her for what she is not what she did. 

I'll give her the love she deserves. Everything she deserves. 

I smiled and kissed her head, again I felt wetness on my cheeks and I wiped it before anyone could see. I don't want anyone to think that I'm weak. 

I felt her stir and looked back at her. She opened her eyes slowly and it's like she must have remembered everything that she got up with a jerk. 

I held her in my arms when she groaned in pain. "You need to be careful with your arm Angel" she froze in my arm.

She was still for longer than I thought and I looked at her confused. She kept looking into my eyes blankly. When she didn't reply after three times, I hugged her. She was still like a statue but I just kept her in my arms. 

"I'm sorry Angel, I'm so sorry" I said cupping her cheek. "I'm sorry that I didn't listen to you, I shouldn't have believed those photos" I saw her eyes start to show some emotions, like pain. I could see how hurt she was and I was ready to take all her pain. 

"I swear on my mother Angel, I promise you that no will ever hurt you again. I'll be your protector, your everything" I said kissing her tears which left her eyes. 

I thought she would be sobbing but no, she didn't even utter a single word. The door opened and Adrian entered. 

I felt Angel held my hand tightly and slid closer to me. She hid her face in my arms like a scared little kitten and I frowned at her behaviour.

I looked at Adrian and his eyes got softer like he understands everything. 

He took two steps back and said " It's ok I'll be outside" Then went out. 

"Angel? What's wrong?  You can tell me Angel" she still didn't utter a word. 

I decided to give her time and asked her to rest. After making sure she slept well, I went out of the room and saw Adrian still stood out there. 

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you" 

"You could come inside, she is sleeping now" I said as I took a seat outside. 

"I didn't want to disturb her, plus she won't be seeing anyone except you" I frowned at him. "And why is that?" 

"Didn't you see the fear in her eyes when I came inside?" Now that he said, I saw it but I didn't think about it. 

"It happens Blaize" I heard Benny as she took a seat beside me. "My mom is a psychiatrist and I saw her work. When a silent girl goes through such an incident they always get scared to interact with other people. Even if they are friends too and Angel is just like them"

I nodded my head in understanding. "I'm sure, she will be okay with time and I'll help her to get back like before. I'll do anything to make her smile" I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked at Adrian.

"Well, I think you should go home and freshen up because you stink badly,"  Benny said, making a weird face and I rolled my eyes at her. 

I agreed to her and went out to my car. As I drove home, I called Bryan. "Update" was enough for him to understand what I was talking about. 

"Good morning to you too besty, and I already did my homework, now it's up to you to take action. I just emailed you everything" 

"Good, I'll see it soon and what about others?" 

"That work is also done and you can come anytime to complete yours" 

I smirked imagining what I'm gonna do. "Okay, I'll see you soon" 

"You're welcome" 

I saw my dad pacing in the living room. I was about to ask him what happened  but he saw me and asked me how's Angel. "She is fine now, but it will take time for her to heal. Either physically or mentally" I said and sighed before sitting. 

"I wish I could have a time machine, so I could go back in time and reverse everything. Why is it all happening dad? I nearly lost her, I lost mom but I don't want to lose her, I don't know what would I do without her in my life, even the thought scares me" 

Dad rubbed my back and smiled at me, "Son, I didn't take care of your mother like she deserves, work was always my first priority, I thought I was working to give her happiness but I didn't understand what happiness means until she left me and took you two to Paris. That's when I learn, you won't  understand the value of someone until it's taken away from you. I know I came back late but I was scared that she might refuse to come but finally I was able to take her back. But again I finally Lost her forever, I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for my sons And I'm glad you understand it already. But please son don't ever lose her again" 

I looked at him with a sad look. I always blamed him for everything,  I always told him I lost my mom but I never thought that he lost his life partner. Now I realise his pain because I felt that same and this made me so sad. 

"I'm so sorry dad, I promise you, I'll never treat her any less than a Queen" 

He laughed at my words "I expect that exactly from you son" 

Then we talked about my plan, what I am about to do with Lacey and all other bastards.

He was pretty impressed with my plan and I can't wait to put my plan into action. But it's gonna take time because I believe in torturing before killing.  

.

.

.

________________________

Author's Note

Hope you guys like it.

Please vote, comment and share. <3.