十六 [J ū R o k u]

Start from the beginning

Shinya placed one of his hands on my head as he held me in his embrace. "It's going to be okay, I'm here like always." 

That was until we heard shouting from Shinoa's squad. "No!"

"Yuu-kun!"

"Stop it!"

We all turned our heads to Shinoa's squad, wondering what the commotion was about. I looked carefully and saw two pills in Yuu's mouth. He swallowed it and my eyes widened. Shinya carefully and gently passed me to Mito and the other two girls before he walked over with Goshi.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Shinya asked in disbelief.

"Don't make a big deal put of it. I think I'm actually o--" Blood suddenly bursts from his nose and I felt my heart drop.

More blood starts to come out and it even leaks from his eyes. "Yuu..."

"Idiot!" Shinya shouted. He then turned to look at Goshi and the remaining of Guren's squad.

"Go ahead and join Narumi's squad. We'll join you guys later."

"Understood!" Mito then started walking but I quickly stopped her.

"No..leave me here. I need to make sure Yuu's fine.."

"But (Y/n)-sama, you're still badly injured. We can't leave you--"

"Just go. I'll be alright." I said and took out my sword for me to stabilise myself. I gave Mito one last nod before walking towards Yuu.

A force from Yuu suddenly causes Shinya, Kimizuki and Youchi to be knocked back. Markings appear on his face and a dark aura suddenly surrounds him. He then cries out before falling to the ground.

"No...!"

Shinoa runs up to him, putting her ear next to check his heartbeat. She moves up and stares in despair.

"Yuu-san!" I drop to the ground, shakily making my way to his body.

Shinoa moves away so I could be next to him. I lift him up, sobbing as I laid him in my arms.

"Yuu, don't leave me...Not when I just lost Guren..." I cried out, holding him close to me.

"..why...why are you taking my family away..?" I asked before falling unconscious.

"(Y/n)-chan..." I looked up and saw Shiraki looking at me with sad eyes.

"How much more should I lose..?" I asked.

He bent down, wrapping his arms around my head as he brought me into his embrace. I sobbed onto him, feeling nothing but despair.

"Shh, it's okay."

"I'm cursed aren't I? Even at a young age, my family was taken away. It hasn't changed throughout the years. My family still gets taken away."

"No, no, you aren't cursed (Y/n)-chan. You're gifted." I looked up at him as I looked at my reflection in his eyes.

"Is being a monster...gifted?"