49) Reunion

one chapter left pog

:D

-

-
"This was a bad idea,"

"Y/n-"

"No, no this was a really bad idea,"

Russia puts his hands on her shoulders firmly. "Y/n calm down, okay? Just try and calm down a little.

Y/n nods quickly and tries to take deep breaths. She didn't know if she had ever felt so much anxiety all at once, and that's saying a lot considering everything that's happened to her.

Today was the day.

There's a glint of doubt in Russia's eyes, there had been the entire morning. The was obviously concerned, and for good reason. .

Y/n stands there with him a little longer before taking a final deep breath and putting a defiant expression on her face.

"Okay, I'm ready," She says with false confidence.

Russia gives her another small nod. They both leave the room hand-in-hand. He seemed afraid to let go of her, his grip much tighter than usual.

Y/n tries to stay confident since she knows that her husband wasn't. Someone had to have some sliver of hope, even if it had to be her...even if she was the most afraid deep down.

"I love you," She tells him out of the blue.

"I love you too," Russia replies without any hesitation, but then it's right back to the silence.

"This was a bad idea-"

Back in some other place on the Aurora, America is also having a mental breakdown. He was afraid of what would happen. What would she say? She was probably going to hate him. No, she definitely hated him.

"Ame, it's gonna be fine," Canada tries to assure him calmly. "When I talked to her, she didn't seem angry at you, more at herself,"

"I don't believe you," America laughs, but he's more upset than amused. "You're lying. She hates me, Nada,"

His brother opens his mouth to reply, but decides that staying silent was the only way to keep the freedom country from becoming more agitated. Canada just puts a hand on his shoulder.

Like the other two before, their walk to the meeting point is silent, and a bit awkward. But they make it to their destination quickly; one of the larger meeting rooms. There are no meetings scheduled today, though. Nothing to distract or interrupt them.

America finds the room empty, they were the first ones.

"It's gonna be fine," Canada tells him softly from beside him. But he receives no reply.

The freedom country looks away from the door, only for a second. However, it only takes less than that for the other two to walk in.

America looks back and immediately locks eyes with Y/n.

Emotions begin flooding him instantly. All these years he had thought about this very moment; what to say, what to do...but now, all of it was forgotten. America didn't know what he would say to her. He didn't know what he was supposed to say...

Y/n is having the same dilemma. She's trying to figure out if she should run to him or slap him for what he had done to her so many years ago.

However, at the same time, tears are threatening to spill from her eyes. She almost feels...relief, just from seeing him again.