44) One Condition

what's that? you wanted fluff?

no, u don't get fluff

"Ruskiiiiiiiii," 

"Y/n let me go-" 

"Noooooooo..." 

Y/n wraps her arms tighter around his waist to try and stop him from getting up from bed. 

He narrows his eyes a little. "Y/n I need to get your meds-" 

"NoooOOOOoooOOO-" 

Russia just stands up anyway, causing her to almost fall off of the bed. 

"I'll be right back," He tells her with a kiss on her forehead. 

"Nooooo...it's cold..." She whines in defeat. 

The tall country just chuckles and leaves the room. 

Y/n lets out a small huff before getting comfortable again. She snuggles herself back into the warm covers of the bed, content that she wasn't in the hospital anymore...or in the dark cell...

Her body shudders a little at the bitter memory, which still feels freshly implanted into her mind. 

Russia walks back in to find her crying softly under the blankets. He takes a place beside her, carefully moving the covers away from her face. 

"Hey..." His hand reaches out to brush a bit of hair from in front of her eyes. "It's okay," 

This had already happened a few times before, so he was used to it.

Y/n says nothing, and just moves her head into his lap like a sad puppy. Russia lets out a soft sigh before running his fingers through her hair until she's calmed down a little. He helps her sit up afterward. 

"Here, drink this," He tells her. 

She obeys quietly, taking the medications that he gives her alongside a glass of water. Her husband soon sets the glass aside before wrapping his arms around her tightly. 

"It's okay..." He assures her in a soothing tone that makes her almost instantly relax. 

Y/n lets out a small whimper as she curls up against him. She isn't audibly crying anymore, but tears continue to slip for her pale cheeks. 

Russia kisses her tears away before speaking. "Do you want to braid my hair again?" He offers. 

"Yes..." She murmurs. 

He smiles while she moves in his lap to face him. Y/n takes a couple of strands of his hair over his shoulder to start twisting them into small braids, just as she had done a couple of weeks earlier at the hospital. The rhythmic method of her work gives her a sense of control, and eventually helps her to calm down completely from her small episode.

Y/n's braiding finally comes to a halt, and she lays her head down on his shoulder. 

"Thank you..." She mumbles. 

"Of course, милая," (*milaya/sweetheart) Russia's grip around her tightens a little bit. 

"Я тебя люблю..." (*ya teby люблю,/I love you)

"Я тоже тебя люблю," (*ya tozhe tebya lyublyu/I love you too) He replies without a second thought. 

Y/n smiles and wraps her arms around his neck. "Can we watch a movie?" 

"Sure," Russia responds. "What do you want to watch?" 

She grins a little more. 

"Y/n no-"