47) Nightmares

running on 3 hours of sleep

time to go take test

gonna die

also, i'm probably going to be posting the last few chapters very quickly so this book can be finished for y'all

Russia finds himself in a peaceful slumber for the majority of the night. But somewhere around three o'clock, something hits him a little, making him stir awake.

He sits up in bed and sees Y/n twitching a little in her sleep. Quiet mutters escape her every few moments.

Russia wraps his arms around her tightly, kissing the top of her head as well. "Y/n, wake up..." He mutters a bit tiredly since he's still half-asleep. "It's just a dream..."

She whimpers quietly, but she doesn't wake up. Instead, her body begins thrashing more than before.

The country holding her tightens his grip to help restrain her movements.

"Y/n, wake up," He says more firmly. "It's not real,"

Russia winces a little as her nails rake down his arm, her motions before more erratic and panicked as the seconds pass.

He tries to hold her as tightly as possible without hurting her, but also to restrain her movements. Quiet 'no's can be heard among Y/n's muttering.

"Y/n please-!" He pleads. "You have to wake up!"

She suddenly gasps and begins clawing at him more furiously than before.

"No no let me go!" Y/n screams as she squirms to get away from him. "Let me go!"

Russia doesn't. "Y/n it's okay! You're safe, I've got you,"

It takes her a minute or two to finally stop struggling. She finally runs out of energy and goes limp in his arms.

"H-Help..." Y/n chokes out in defeat.

"It's okay..." Russia tells her. He sits up and keeps her in his lap, running his fingers through her hair to help her relax. His grip around her also loosens a little. "You're not there anymore. You're with me,"

"R-Russia...?" Tears begin pricking in her eyes.

He pecks her lips softly. "I'm here,"

Y/n stares down at his arms, which are bleeding slightly from when she had tried to get away from him in her sleep. She takes one of them carefully to examine it.

"I-I'm sorry..."

"Don't worry about me," Russia retorts quietly. "Just try to calm down, okay?"

"G-Get me the medical kit..." She says instead, trying to sound stern.

He knows that there was no arguing with her, even in her current state. So Russia leaves and comes back with the kit so that she can patch him up.

Y/n doesn't say anything as she carefully wraps his arms in a thin layer of gauze. She's sitting in his lap with her back to him, allowing him to rest his chin on top of her head. He can feel the guilt practically radiating off of her.

"Цветок?"

"Hm?" She pauses from her work to listen to him.

"It's okay, I'm fine,"

"I know..." Y/n murmurs. "I'm still sorry..."

"It's okay," He repeats softly while kissing the top of her head. "I'll be fine,"

"Yeah..." She mutters, obviously unconvinced.

Russia wraps his arms around her waist protectively. "What did you dream about...?"

"Nothing..." Y/n replies quietly. "It was nothing,"

He hums a little in response and lets her finish the bandages. She soon sets the medical kit aside on the nightstand.

"Y/n?"

"What?"

"What did you dream about?" Russia asks again.

"I don't want to talk about it..." Y/n tells him.

"Please?"

"No..."

He holds her tighter, laying his head down on her shoulder. "Okay...I love you,"

"I love you too..." She says before turning her head to kiss him on the cheek. "Back to sleep now...?"

Something in her voice said that she didn't want to sleep. But Russia nods anyway.

Y/n lays down beside him and curls up close to his chest. A small sigh of relief escapes her lips as a feeling of safety washes over her.

"It's okay, nothing can hurt you anymore," Her husband assures her softly. "I'm here,"

"Thank you," She responds quietly while wrapping her arms around him. "I really mean it..."

Y/n becomes nervous when she wakes up alone the next day. It takes her several minutes to finally get up to go and find Russia, wherever he had gone.

'Wherever' turns out to be 'in the kitchen making breakfast'. She smiles a little and sneaks up behind him.

Y/n wraps his arms around him slowly so that she doesn't startle him too much. "Boo,"

Russia chuckles a little in response. "Good morning, Цветок,"

"What are you making?"

"Каша," (*kasha) He tells her before handing her a bowl of the steaming porridge. She smiles as she takes it. "Careful, it's hot,"

"Like you?"

Russia scoffs playfully and rolls his eyes. "Just eat the food, N/n,"

"Fine, fine," Y/n sticks her tongue out at him, and the two move to the dining-room table to eat.

eh I ran out of motivation here

:/

i speedran the finally 2 chapters last night >->

I'm so tired ;-;