1) Go home

First chapter boyos >:3

"Y/n? Are you coming?" 

"Here I am!" She runs to her father, who's tapping his foot impatiently near the front door. 

"Come on, we're going to be late," He says with annoyance laced in his tone. 

"Sorry," 

Y/n follows her father out to the car waiting for them. She sits in the back with him as some sort of agent begins driving them towards her destination. 

America says nothing to her, instead he takes his phone out and starts doing things. Y/n stares down at the floor awkwardly as the silence begins sinking into her. 

This happened quite often, the silent moments that it. It wasn't often that her father would let her attend any of his meetings. But today was an exception because of some event happening where a lot of countries and UN staff members were bringing their children.

That is, if Y/n was even considered his child at all. 

Unlike most children born to countries, Y/n had been born human. Even though her mother was human as well, she should have been born as a country or a state. 

But that didn't happen. All she was was the result of a one-night stand that her father became stuck with when her mother died. She had only been a toddler then. 

Ever since then, Y/n knew that she was a constant nuisance to America. Mostly because he was always trying to avoid her

"I'm busy,"

"I have work to do," 

"Later Y/n, I need to focus on this," 

Every time, Y/n would reply;

"Oh! Sorry," 

"Okay, just call if you need anything," 

"Sure thing,"

"No worries," 

As a young child, America had paid attention to her, probably because he was forced to. Young children always demanded attention. But on her last birthday, when she turned thirteen, he had gradually stopped spending time with her. 

"You're a big girl now, Y/n," He had said to her as if she was only five. "You can take care of yourself. Now let me get this done," 

Y/n lets out a soft sigh to herself and takes her sketchbook out, turning to a specific page. 

"I thought I told you not to bring that," America suddenly speaks up. 

"O-Oh! Sorry..." There it was, default response number one. She quickly puts the sketchbook back away again in her messenger bag and goes back to sitting in silence. 

A while later, they stop at a tall building. Y/n steps out of the car and follows behind her father without a word spoken between them. 

"H-Hey dad?" She finally speaks up once they step into the elevator. 

"Yes?" America looks up from his phone for a moment. 

"Do you wanna go see a movie with me this weekend?" Y/n asks hopefully. 

But her hopes fall once again as her father's expression becomes more annoyed once again. 

"Sorry, I can't, I've got things to do," 

"N-No worries,"

Default response number four. 

They finally make it to their destination floor. Y/n follows behind her father with a lot less confidence than she had hoped to have walking into his work. But she still smiles at anyone that she can.